Random Music Talk XXIII: Give Me Butt Meat or Give Me Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ATYCLB interview on VHS where The King of Lies (fucking brilliant, Laz)

As for U2, from what we've heard the DM project developed during the end of the summer/fall with what seems like new tracks, the unreleased songs they played live they would have decided to play live a long time ago. I'm not saying some of them won't be on the DM project, but I have a feeling if they see the light of day on a U2 studio album it won't be on this one.

This.

I can see it go either way, in December they and Paul McG seemed really jazzed and indicated the DM one was nearly done and to be released in May, but since then they've been completely mum. Cee-Lo said last week that DM was wrapping up the U2 project though, so that's good news.

Well, I think we can blame the loss of momentum to this Spider-Man debacle. If they didn't have to come to New York and put band-aids all over the thing you can bet they'd be using their time to finish up the project that actually matters.

But seriously, all signs do point to the idea that they're over the hump on the thing. I don't feel May is out of the question at all. They have a show in South Africa in mid-Feb, but then are off again until the end of March. That's 5 weeks of downtime and gives the McCockne$$ corporate hype machine more than enough time to gear up for a typical all-out attack, assuming all that's left is the mixing and album art stage.

See I knew you were from Australia, but I noticed earlier the next date the National were listed as playing on Last.fm was in Auckland, now looking again that isn't until the 12th. Weird.

Another idea is that they could record the whole new album live in Africa on stage and call the album "Defenders of the Dark Continent".

Also, I never like to take dates to concerts unless they're big fans of the artist.

i'm from Australia, so that is a MASSIVE insult.

:wink:

maybe i will connect with a cute girl tonight and instead of having to leave cos i'm with someone (like another time) i'll buy her a drink,

You're such a friggin' casanova, Cobbler.

I'm gonna go catch the SNL episode from last night on Hulu, I had to be up early and missed it, normally I only catch recommended clips, but as a huge Black Keys junkie and being a child of the 90's I'm a fan of Jim Carrey, so I'll watch this one in full (minus the opening which I saw last night). Rambly... point is, ciao people :wave:.

The Black Swan and psychic sketches were pretty solid. So was Update.

I can't believe people keep watching SNL. It's like eating a brick of shit every week because you hope there's going to be a few chocolate chips in there somewhere.

Not worth it.

I've been away from SNL for so long, watching them joke about the weather for 10 minutes in the opening monologue seemed logical to me. It was every bit as awkward as I expected.

I rarely ever watch SNL anymore, but if I do catch it, I only watch around the time "Weekend Update" comes on. And if an artist I like is on as a musical guest, or if an actor I like is the host, then I'll watch for them.

VH1 shows old episodes of SNL from the past 10 years occasionally, I guess (there's another channel I rarely ever watch anymore).

As for the U2 album, as usual I'm with Cori. I don't care all that much about what critics say or what other people's reactions will be. All that really matters is whether or not I like what they come out with. I'll be curious to see what comes of this.

YouTube - I Just Had Sex (feat. Akon)

in 2006 he sang I Wanna Fuck U... so it only took him four years.

reason eight trillion why i hate Akon. i also had no idea The Lonely Island (Jizz in My Pants) were so successful.

I can't stand Akon, either. He annoys the crap out of me. I think it was hearing him guesting on "The Sweet Escape" a few years ago that did it for me.

happy birthday by the way. are you 21 now? i still can't get over the fact that you can drive at 16 in America, smoke at 18 but can't legally go and buy a drink til you're 21.

It's a mystery to many of us in the States, too.

I'll ditto the happy (belated) birthday to PhilsFan, hope you had a good one. I actually thought you were older than 20 :p.

GAF, :hug: to you with the FYM/Arizona stuff. I know how you feel.

I can't stay away from that area, though, I like discussing that stuff too much :shrug:. But I definitely understand why so many avoid it like the plague. I was away from this place for over two years, so maybe that's why I haven't burned myself out on it just yet.

Angela

Left the tv on after football last night from sheer Jim Carrey curiosity, and that opening monologue was on of the worst things I've ever sat through. Was it something only New Yorkers would've gotten, or was it just that awful?

Again, I almost never watch the whole show, only the occasional clip on Hulu, but this episode was actually pretty damn funny, much of that due to Jim Carrey. The Black Swan parody (amazing that Aronofsky and The Black Keys are now big enough to be material for SNL, and on the same episode) and the surreal amusement park malfunction were great.

Black Swan's gonna top off over $100 million, which is insanely impressive considering it's about ballet.

Maybe it can wean the Twilight crowd off their shitty books and movies.

Really? You don't think teen (and older) girls into that kind of LCD genre stuff are part of the audience? Even if they just experience it as a horror film it's certainly up their alley.

There's a girl I know who loves 'Twilight' who's dying to see the 'Black Swan' movie :shrug:. I don't think it's too out of the realm of possibility. Course, any teenagers who are interested who aren't 17 or older wouldn't be able to go see 'Black Swan' while it's in the theaters, but still...

I want to see that movie, too. All the talk about it has me so curious.

Angela

I think there may have been plenty of people who went because it was the talked about movie of the moment, but they probably spent most of their time laughing at it. Also, LCD?

Oh :doh:, I thought you were talking about a genre with that abbreviation. However thanks to my poor reading comprehension we all now have this different LCD acronym to work with: Limited Chest Disorder.

Why did no one ever create a Black Swan thread? I've got to think it's one of the more major oversights in Interference history, roughly on par to not creating a thread for a new Grizzly Bear or Animal Collective release.

I've had very little luck getting into any of Phil Elvrum's music, Microphones or otherwise, but this song is growing on me with each play and, at this point, I consider it one of the most hypnotic, haunting songs I've ever heard:

YouTube - The Microphones- The Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom