Random Music Talk XXII: GAF, Hitman of Shitty Opening Acts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feep is an awesome name for me. My name on here will slowly evolve into a series of random consonants straddling some E's.

What have you heard that I haven't? I forget.

And I literally only know Dead or Alive because there's a part of that song where he says "dead or alive" along with the guitar riff. That's the only part I know. So 3.5, really. I couldn't pick the rest of the song out of a lineup.

i'm trying to remember, i think there were one or two things in the unpopular opinions thread but i'm too lazy to re-read to find them. i'm also really tired. one of my housemates bought some new airsoft rifles and was playing with them all day. pop pop pop pop kept waking me up every hour.

The only reason I say that is, because I'm sure at some points in your lives you've listened to the radio. But even as a "fan" of the band, I'd have a hard time naming 21 of their songs. To say they have 21 hits that everyone knows is just stupid.

i'm trying to remember, i think there were one or two things in the unpopular opinions thread but i'm too lazy to re-read to find them. i'm also really tired. one of my housemates bought some new airsoft rifles and was playing with them all day. pop pop pop pop kept waking me up every hour.
I'm exhausted too. Being home means working awful hours (6:30 wake ups are shortening my life by years) and the presence of all my younger siblings. I'm almost 20 and they still don't understand the concept of knocking. Fifteen minutes ago, my brother walked in and just sat on my bed without saying anything. He was trying to avoid studying and figured I wouldn't mind him just sitting there watching me play guitar while arguing about music on the Internet. He's 15. Christ.

The only reason I say that is, because I'm sure at some points in your lives you've listened to the radio. But even as a "fan" of the band, I'd have a hard time naming 21 of their songs. To say they have 21 hits that everyone knows is just stupid.
Believe it or not, I never listen to the radio. I never have. All bets are off with me.

I'm a child of the 80s and was an avid radio listener for years. I can name and sing the chorus to many a Bon Jovi song.

But 21 of them? No.

I can think of perhaps five at the moment. But I also suspect that they are one of those bands that are responsible for a multitude of radio staples that I just do not yet recognize as them. "Bad Medicine" is one such song. Before I read that last thread, I could have sworn that was a Poison song.

'Cuz baby WE'LL BE!

At the drive in!
In the old man's Ford!
Behind the bushes!
'Til you're screamin' for MORE MORE MORE!

(something something)
Lock the cellar door!
And baby .....
Talk dirty to me!

You're welcome.

I once worked out a gym that played 80s hair metal almost non-stop. The music was reprehensible, but my lifting really began to surge as a result of the irritation. A mixed blessing, I suppose.

I can think of perhaps five at the moment. But I also suspect that they are one of those bands that are responsible for a multitude of radio staples that I just do not yet recognize as them. "Bad Medicine" is one such song. Before I read that last thread, I could have sworn that was a Poison song.

This was my point.

i feel the same way about 80s music as i do about food. if i can't figure out what it is and there isn't someone trustworthy telling me no, it's ok, it's really good, then i'm probably not going to eat it. if i can't identify the song, and someone trustworthy isn't telling no, it's really good, i'm going to get away from it as soon as possible.

I hated Def Leppard for a long time, but LeMel's a fan, and I've begun to discover that I know a lot of songs by them I didn't realize were by them, and am starting to become a begrudging fan.

They have a handful of songs that I like, although for a few of those songs, it's just the chorus I like, and partially because they have some nifty harmonies, which you don't often hear in hair band music.

They have a handful of songs that I like, although for a few of those songs, it's just the chorus I like, and partially because they have some nifty harmonies, which you don't often hear in hair band music.

I, for no reason I can really define, am a sucker for hair metal ballads. "Love Bites" is ridiculous and I love it.

Ha. I'm the opposite - I like a lot of cheesy 80s rock (yes, including a few Bon Jovi songs), but don't care for the power ballads at all.

I'm sure there are a few exceptions, probably all by Journey. I don't think there are any slower songs by hair bands that I like.

Opposite isn't quite the right word there because I'm also a sucker for hair metal in general. I have a fun time listening to it :shrug:

You Don't Know What You Got Til It's Gone is some great hair metal. That sound of a singer gargling steel-wool....

Possibly my favorite power ballad. Definitely one of 'em, anyway:

YouTube - When I'm with you - Sheriff lyrics
HA! I didn't think I knew this song at first, but then I heard the chorus, and I haven't heard this song since those Monster Ballad commercials used to play on tv all the time in the middle of the night. I knew every song on that thing, in the order they played in the commercial. I still kind of do :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom