Random Music Talk XXI: Check Out This F@&!#%' Shouter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our friends khanadarhodes and coolian2 are outside the stadium in Auckland listening in on U2's rehearsal for their show there in a couple days. I'll spoiler this, I know cobbler doesn't want to hear anything about the rehearsals.

A couple of selections of note. They rehearsed both "Scarlet" and "One Tree Hill." The former I find to be a very odd choice, although it's cool that they plucked out such an obscure track off of one of their least remembered albums. And the latter is a fucking awesome choice, as always.

thanks GAF. this'll be my last post here til the 9th of Dec when i get back from Brisbane.

Ke$ha is the most openly slutty "artist" i've ever seen. at first, back when i thought Tik Tok was catchy, i thought it was a bit of a turn on. now, it's getting a bit sad.

Our friends khanadarhodes and coolian2 are outside the stadium in Auckland listening in on U2's rehearsal for their show there in a couple days. I'll spoiler this, I know cobbler doesn't want to hear anything about the rehearsals.

A couple of selections of note. They rehearsed both "Scarlet" and "One Tree Hill." The former I find to be a very odd choice, although it's cool that they plucked out such an obscure track off of one of their least remembered albums. And the latter is a fucking awesome choice, as always.

I sure hope No Net makes a return. And that first one you mentioned will probably go the way of Downcourt Man* from the first leg, as in "rehearsed but never played".

*yes, I had to look that title up on the SC website. I was close to renaming it "Frowning Fan", but whatever.

At least Ke$ha is up-front about her motivation and puts the dollar sign in her name, unlike VWilcoffee.

yeah, the coffee thing...there are no words for that. just smilies. and do we even have a facepalm smiley?

:lol:

(ok, still never heard of the ke$ha person)

Ok, maybe you all will disagree vehemently. Probably definitely will disagree. BUT. If this ends up being indicative at all of the direction the "dance" album might take, this might not be the worst thing U2's ever done:

YouTube - Black Eyed Peas-Someday (Prod. By David Guetta) FULL The Beginning

yeah, i actually listened to that (well, part of it, probably about the 30 second marker was where it started to irritate the shit out of me), and that's not good in any way shape or form. sorry.

i don't know, lately i'm thinking i'm the odd one out because i don't listen to any of the hip hop and pop music you've all been talking about. i looked up ke$ha and it made my ears bleed.

I'm probably the only person on the forum, and maybe even the only person on earth that legitimately likes Ke$ha. Don't feel too bad.

I bought the Kesha (I refuse to acknowledge the dollar sign bullshit) CD when Tik Tok was huge because Target had it for like $7 or something. There are 2 or 3 songs that I like in that dumb fun way.

Now I find her completely obnoxious and don't even have any desire to hear any of the new tracks.

FYI: Amazon has lowered the price on a bunch of the remastered Beatles CDs to $7.99. I may pick up Beatles For Sale, which I passed over last year when they came out.

I find it apt that a post on Wilco followed a post about overrated albums, because to me that band is essentially synonymous with "overrated."

FYI: Amazon has lowered the price on a bunch of the remastered Beatles CDs to $7.99. I may pick up Beatles For Sale, which I passed over last year when they came out.

Damn. I just sent my mom a list of the ones I still needed along with my Christmas list. I don't dare buy them for myself now, because she'll probably buy me some.

Grr.

I find it apt that a post on Wilco followed a post about overrated albums, because to me that band is essentially synonymous with "overrated."

Thank you. Most overrated band of the last 10 years, easily. Boring frontman and a majority of their stuff sounds way too similar to old Grateful Dead (and not as good). And of course most of their fans wouldn't go near a Dead album.

wilco fans were the reason i was skeptical a few years ago of seeing billy bragg live. in a college town? yeah...no thanks.

I've never quite understood their significance. I will not argue with people liking individual songs or albums, but to call them musically significant, as many reviewers do, is something else entirely. Did they begin the alt-country movement or something? I truly am ignorant about this matter.

Back
Top Bottom