Random Music Talk XXI: Check Out This F@&!#%' Shouter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
draft_lens10141871module91801841photo_1269467746brandoasstanley.jpg

lMPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I've always wondered whether there is a story behind that invocation. Bono also seems to forget the lyrics in the first verse in that rendition.

I think he just likes to holler out names of celebrities who are there.

I hate it; it's obnoxious. I don't mind a lot of Bono's little annoying quirks, but not this one.

Except for when Alicia Keys is there, because then I can pretend he's talking to me. Like at the NYC Vertigo show I was at. :wink:

That would be really fucking awesome.

As long as Bono doesn't come out and join in with them.

In which case it might change from awesome to hilarious.

i hate it. the, on, in, at, is, i don't capitalise any of them in song titles. looks stoopid i reckon.

Here's the rule: all words should be capitalized in titles except for prepositions (on, in, around, etc.), conjunctions (and, or, etc.), and articles (the, a/an). My apologies for the pedantic moment. :nerd:

You capitalize "is" in titles.

/pet peeve

Really. Wow...
Here's the rule: all words should be capitalized in titles except for prepositions (on, in, around, etc.), conjunctions (and, or, etc.), and articles (the, a/an). My apologies for the pedantic moment. :nerd:

Thank you for the explanation, honestly. Had no idea I was screwing that up. I just thought it was all short words like that. Damn.

EDIT: What I mean more is that I always forget that Is is not a preposition.

meh. that's an okay rule, i guess. I think this one makes more sense though:

i hate it. the, on, in, at, is, i don't capitalise any of them in song titles. looks stoopid i reckon.

prepositions/articles only get caps when they're the first word in the title. otherwise, no.

bUt On tEh iNterNetZ ANYTHING GOES1!!11LOL11!!!!!

Boner knows people.

so does that one guy. so you better watch out!!!11!!

and the whole thing gets underlined when handwritten.

i think a little piece of me dies every time i misuse quotation marks around/don't italicize or underline album titles, i'm just too bad at typing to be able to find the brackets for the message board tags, but the lazy*-ass outweighs the grammar nazi so i just don't bother.

*here, let me get that for you:
Originally posted by u2popmofo:

Hippie.

:angry:

Back
Top Bottom