Random Music Talk XXI: Check Out This F@&!#%' Shouter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Scott 4 is absolutely brilliant, myself. Awesome voice and good, solid tunes. But he clearly wasn't a badass at that point, because I most certainly felt ready for the album at the time. The others are apparently, as Bonnie said, equally brilliant, so I'll probably listen through those before year's end.

I listened to Bob Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home tonight while starting a paper I really should be getting back to. Fun first half (I heard She Belongs To Me and was so moved, I wrote a set of lyrics with that melody in mind, although I'll have to add in an original one later), but the second is astounding. Some of the best lyrics of his career.

Now I'm listening to the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack and am, as always, captivated by it. Such incredible atmosphere and performances, and the songs have obviously stood the test of time. One of my favorite albums, of any genre.

Go for it, peefer.

I've always wanted to learn the piano part in Nightswimming but that shit is probably pretty hard. So beautiful, though.

I also wouldn't mind learning how to play the keyboard part that opens Everything In Its Right Place.

The piano bit to "Everything" is incredibly simple. It's the second thing that I learned on piano.

"Nightswimming" also sounds rather simple. The arpeggios should not be too much of a problem, as they seem to be staying within three or four chords. You should go for it. :wink:

I would have no idea where to begin. A few years ago I tried to look up piano "tabs" for Nightswimming and it was just too confusing. Whereas with guitar, I learned how to read tabs really quickly and easily. I suppose I could just look up the piano chord shapes online or something.

Thanks. Now I just need to buy, or steal, a piano.

I might just have to stick to guitar for the time being.

Now I'm listening to the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack and am, as always, captivated by it. Such incredible atmosphere and performances, and the songs have obviously stood the test of time. One of my favorite albums, of any genre.

they have the vinyl at a local record shop for $10. I was going to pick it up the other day, but for whatever reason, didn't bother. I'll probably have to swing by today now that you posted this

Thanks. Now I just need to buy, or steal, a piano.

I might just have to stick to guitar for the time being.
You know how much I enjoy theft, but I'm actually getting a keyboard for Christmas. It'll admittedly save a few headaches this way.

I taught myself guitar, now I step up the challenge and teach myself keyboard/piano.

I don't play piano, but an ex taught me to play October in a day. It's a good one to start with, I'd say

Has a thread recently existed in EYKIW that does not include an inane quip about "Punk Rock from Venus"?

Rolling Stones' playlist issue also has one from The Edge with some of his post-punk influences, pretty cool.

rollingstone12-9-2010edge.jpg

Very cool, Peeferino. I thought I was one of the only people whose has Don't Worry About the Gov. as a favorite Talking Heads track. This "Hedge" character might actually enjoy decent musics.

Back
Top Bottom