Random Music Talk XLVII: 'tis (almost) the season to be jolly. But not "joyful".

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can we get somebody to elect Jive Turkey and LemonMelon as the President and Vice President of Canada and the world?

I mean, somebody get on this shit. Seriously.

Scumbo was the perfect Dick Cheney for America as it entered the new millennium, all musketing the shit out of everything. But it's time for a change. Now our people need a Biden, someone anonymous who periodically says something inexplicable. Someone who may or may not be fulfilling their duties, but we aren't entirely sure.

Hope. Basketball. Hope for basketball in 2012!

I just wanna watch grown men in shorts and cut-off shirts running around on a wooden floor trying to throw an orange ball through a hoop. God dammit. Is that too much to fucking ask?

We're bringing our boys back home, and we know they love basketball. It is an imperative that this institution is restored to its place as one of the prominent American attractions. We must keep our valued athletes on American soil, not allowing them to be led astray by the allure of rival Asian leagues. Chucking an orange ball through a hoop is an American tradition and I vow that we will not see it torn away from us by the stubborn fortitude of pride and tyranny of greed

I have climbed the highest mountains! I have run through the fields! Only to play hoops!

Toronto Raptors.

More like Toronto Craptors, amirite?

THE SUPREME COURT HAS ROUNDLY REJECTED PRIOR RESTRAINT.

tumblr_l3etjerGgF1qabh2go1_250.gif

#youngkobeswag

What exactly is clf? The first Google return was "Conservatives loving freedom." Sounds like Jive to me. :wink:

I just wanna watch grown men in shorts and cut-off shirts running around on a wooden floor trying to throw an orange ball through a hoop. God dammit. Is that too much to fucking ask?

Well, you know, if this season is cancelled, it will only give Rose more time to recover from the wear and tear of the last, meaning that he will come out in 2012 even more ferocious than before.

I'm trying to become a Bulls fan in light of the decades-long torpor that awaits my Cavs.

I've been a Cleveland fan all my life. It's a difficult transition to make, even though I live in Chicago now - especially difficult because the Cavs and Bulls and Indians and Sox are divisional rivals. I do like the character and style of the Bulls. Except Noah. Bollox to that guy.

I'm totally on the Bulls bandwagon when the league starts up again. Great history, they have some great players right now, and it's motherfucking CHICAGO.

Where I lived in MD, I was within 20 minutes or so of the border of three other states and 2-5 hours from four of the biggest sports cities in the country, so allegiances were all over the place (I hate all Baltimore and Philadelphia teams, without exception, but I was alone there). In general, I think the east coast is far more fertile as far as professional sports are concerned than any other region of the country, but I moved to Chicago as I wanted to start branching out to other sports, and this is a tremendous sports city. So that's why I follow the Bulls and Blackhawks.

Fuck the Bears though. Sorry GAF, I would even have trouble rooting for Cutler if he were the Skins' QB. Urlacher and Hester I can respect.

Maybe I just don't like basketball, but I don't get what the big deal was with that dunk

can I stand in defense of elfa?

Also, I would totally support a Jive/LeMel ticket for 2012.

Y'all know what the Midwest is?
Young and restless
Where restless niggas might snatch your necklace
And next these niggas might jack yr Lexus
Somebody tell these niggas who Kanye West is
I walk through the valley of the Chi where death is

Back
Top Bottom