Random Music Talk XLVII: 'tis (almost) the season to be jolly. But not "joyful".

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No clue, I don't don't know if I've ever seen any Morrissey music videos. Didn't even know he had any.

i might be completely wrong. i try to forget henry rollins exists.

Cactus, I like that you've brought your unique brand of crazy into this thread

Prince is coming to my area. :heart: I hate that it's in Tacoma, but I'm going to try and get a ticket. Hope they're not ridiculously expensive, as I'd rather have a good seat, as the sound in that place is horrendous in the cheap seats.

Jive Turkey said:
Cactus, I like that you've brought your unique brand of crazy into this thread

It's easier to tell Random posters apart if one of them is Cactus Annie.

Spotify in Belgium since today. :applaud:

Now I can finally listen to a lot of music legally.

Prince is coming to my area. :heart: I hate that it's in Tacoma, but I'm going to try and get a ticket. Hope they're not ridiculously expensive, as I'd rather have a good seat, as the sound in that place is horrendous in the cheap seats.

That's tempting. I'll be on Christmas break. :hmm:

Just realized I hadn't listened to "November Spawned A Monster" in honor of the month yet. Problem solved!

I keep almost forgetting that I'm seeing him this weekend. The show apparently has not sold well so he will probably be grumpy and not understand where he is or why he is here. You know, like the last time he was here.

I keep almost forgetting that I'm seeing him this weekend. The show apparently has not sold well so he will probably be grumpy and not understand where he is or why he is here. You know, like the last time he was here.

At least he goes there. He boycotts Canada all together because of the savages (who probably don't know who Morrissey is) up north and out east who are into clubbing fur seals for a living. Way to punish the right people, Moz

joyfulgirl said:

Have you checked whether the show is still scheduled? He postponed the Chicago show until December.

Have you checked whether the show is still scheduled? He postponed the Chicago show until December.

Well, I'm on the mailing list for the promoter so I assume I'd hear about it that way. I did just check and it seems to be on.

I think it hasn't sold well because The Pixies are playing here tonight. We don't get many interesting concerts here - it's a small city with not great venues for over 800 people - so the fact that two acts with similar fan bases are playing means most people here can't afford to drop $100 for music in the same week. The Pixies sold out in a day or two. Then Morrissey went on sale and it's been months already and not even close to selling out.

I actually have a work conflict with The Pixies but I'm going to be "not feeling well" and sneaking off early to see them. But don't tell anybody please.

At least he goes there. He boycotts Canada all together because of the savages (who probably don't know who Morrissey is) up north and out east who are into clubbing fur seals for a living. Way to punish the right people, Moz

I hope he doesn't see my not-vegan boots and publicly humiliate me.

"I've been playing bass in a touring band for five years, and I've had intimate relations on the road four times... I'm lucky enough to be in a job where I get to tour the world and meet interesting people, but in my experience, musicians — especially females — get a lot less then you'd imagine."

- Ellen Campesinos!

That's tempting. I'll be on Christmas break. :hmm:

Oooh! There's a presale tomorrow. I'm on a mailing list that has presale codes; I'll try and get tickets early if his codes are on the list. Otherwise, I'll try my luck Saturday.

I have a friend who is possibly interested as well, which would be cool. If I get stuck in that goddamned parking garage like I did after Lady Gaga, I will need someone to keep me from going all stabby with helpless rage.

Tickets range from $20 - $200. Nice to have options.

I saw about the presale. I have a Citicard but I don't know how to get codes. I don't know why I don't get them automatically. (Maybe because I hate Citibank and never read their junk mail and am just biding my time until I can close the account altogether.)

"I've been playing bass in a touring band for five years, and I've had intimate relations on the road four times... I'm lucky enough to be in a job where I get to tour the world and meet interesting people, but in my experience, musicians — especially females — get a lot less then you'd imagine."

- Ellen Campesinos!

I think it's safe to assume this more than applies to Gareth.

The city is depressingly abuzz about tomorrow's secret Green Day show.

Everyone here treated the fucking Drake concert as State College's U2 in Sarajevo moment. Significantly more depressing for a number of reasons.

Which should would I rather attend less, Green Day or Drake? Something to think about.

Stiiiilllll at the hospital, and it doesn't look to be ending soon. So upsetting I forgot my headphones. For some reason I assumed this would be, tops, a 12 hour process.

Imps, I'm liking Camp, by the way. A lot more than any of the other tracks I had heard from him before. I think it's a lot stronger.

At first I couldn't really get past a lot of the things about his delivery and lyrics, but it's definitely grown on me.

On my second listen right now, and the entire first half of the album is really good and flows together nicely. "Fire Fly" is probably my favorite song right now.

Back
Top Bottom