Random Music Talk XLVII: 'tis (almost) the season to be jolly. But not "joyful".

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The album has grown on me.

Also, you guys might have picked up on this because I frequently mention that I'm using it, but I fucking love Spotify. Holy shit this is beautiful.

Of course it's not fucking available in this goddam shithole of a country.

In other news, The Wolves is my favourite Bon Iver song.

Can't you find a clue / when your eyes are all painted Sinatra blue

What might have been lost...

Season 1 of The O.C. is so god damn good. Seriously. They show re-runs of it on this SoapNet channel. This show had some kind of kinetic energy when it first hit the scene. It also helped that I was the same age as the kids on the show when it originally aired. Good lord, did I have a thing for Mischa Barton/Marissa Cooper. COOP!

#2004swag

Oh, right.

CAN YOU HEAR ME WHEN I PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!

YOU'RE THE REASON I PEE!

You're the reason whyy the urine is in me.

That must have been one of the later seasons. Like I said, Season 1 is the only season that's top quality. It went downhill, and I never even watched Season 4. I mean, they killed off Marissa...who had all the gawky, it-girl swag in the world. Come on.

Except the show's ultimate failures were what allowed Josh Schwartz to make Gossip Girl which, even if it might have never reached the heights of S1 O.C., is a fucking brilliant primetime soap opera and has a lot more to offer, including one of the greatest and most ridiculous male characters and probably the most stunning pair of lead females in the history of American television.

Seth Cohen was a cool dude. So was Sandy Cohen. And Kristen was hot as fuck.

Ryan always annoyed the shit out of me though. There's only so much troubled-bad-boy-looking-angrily-at-the-camera-not-speaking I can take. That's why I liked Oliver (the dude that held Marissa captive).

Now it's 8:16 where you are apparently. Are you just up and about on a Saturday morning? Or did you get home not long ago and are still going?

Ha, damn, Ryan was probably my favorite character. And I hated Oliver. But, yeah, I liked all those other people you named. The entirety of the principal cast was charismatic.

I slept in until the afternoon yesterday, and then drank a big-ass coffee, and then hit the bars, came home from the bars about 5 1/2 hours ago, and am just still awake. Probably won't get to sleep for a while. Might just keep charging through the day and go to bed at a decent(ish) hour tonight. I keep strange hours.

I went to a small venue tonight to watch a mate's brother's band play. His brother plays guitar; has some serious talent. The vocals were awful though. Oscillated between Colin Meloy (before he learnt to sing) and nu-metal.

Went with another mate who is strictly anti-"indie". And despite this, he likes this band. Yet, like the other 99% of my mates, won't give any good bands a chance. Infuriating.

I am the 1%.

You know, that was originally one of the lines in Zoo Station, and then U2 changed it, and that's the real reason Morrissey hates U2.

Makes total sense. But clearly he's forgiven U2 because one of his newer songs is called "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" and, well, it's a pretty obvious nod in U2's direction.

Hope it's good show tonight, Joyful!

I forgot how good the Passenger's track, "One Minute Warning" is.

Thanks. He has so many awesome songs it's hard to even think about what I'd like to hear. What I do not want to hear is Meat is Murder, especially since I'm going with two people who cry at the mere suggestion of hurting animals.

Speaking of One Minute Warning, last night I heard yet another unexpected Radiohead song in a movie. Four Minute Warning (U2 nods are everywhere you look) was played in the documentary GasLand (which everyone should see, by the way).

4 Min Warning is crazily good.

I've only seen Morrissey once, but the show was pretty much perfect.

Thanks. He has so many awesome songs it's hard to even think about what I'd like to hear. What I do not want to hear is Meat is Murder, especially since I'm going with two people who cry at the mere suggestion of hurting animals.

Speaking of One Minute Warning, last night I heard yet another unexpected Radiohead song in a movie. Four Minute Warning (U2 nods are everywhere you look) was played in the documentary GasLand (which everyone should see, by the way).
I've seen GasLand. It's got good information about how my state is going to hell in a handbasket for free.

Well, that was easy. I got 4 decent (?) tickets to see Prince.

Joyful, one of them is yours if you decide you want to fly up. (And assuming you aren't going full douchebag. :wink: )

Season 1 of The O.C. is so god damn good. Seriously. They show re-runs of it on this SoapNet channel. This show had some kind of kinetic energy when it first hit the scene. It also helped that I was the same age as the kids on the show when it originally aired. Good lord, did I have a thing for Mischa Barton/Marissa Cooper. COOP!

#2004swag

I love The OC. Or did until Marissa died. Mischa/Marissa was amazing.

I'll tell her you guys said hi.

I forgot how good the Passenger's track, "One Minute Warning" is.

GAF often plays this when he brings a lady home, pretty self-explanatory.

Makes total sense. But clearly he's forgiven U2 because one of his newer songs is called "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" and, well, it's a pretty obvious nod in U2's direction.

Maybe he'll play "Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk" or "Oh Berlin" tonight in recognition of the AB reissue. I hope that you enjoy the show regardless. The last time I saw him, the set was heavy with Years of Refusal material. I certainly enjoyed it, but now that he is not touring any newly-released material, he might dig a bit more into the back catalogue.

I've seen GasLand. It's got good information about how my state is going to hell in a handbasket for free.

It doesn't look good for any of us.

Well, that was easy. I got 4 decent (?) tickets to see Prince.

Joyful, one of them is yours if you decide you want to fly up. (And assuming you aren't going full douchebag. :wink: )

Yay, happy christmas to me. I figure it could be my last chance to see him while he's still hot.

Maybe he'll play "Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk" or "Oh Berlin" tonight in recognition of the AB reissue. I hope that you enjoy the show regardless. The last time I saw him, the set was heavy with Years of Refusal material. I certainly enjoyed it, but now that he is not touring any newly-released material, he might dig a bit more into the back catalogue.

I took a peek at some setlists on the tour. A nice blend of old and new. I'm counting on at least a couple of favorites. Local radio has been playing The Smiths nonstop and seem not to know that Morrissey went on to have a long and prolific solo career after 1987.

I'm about halfway through Martin Scorsese's George Harrison documentary, and I'm not sure why there's so much material about the Beatles history. Like, I can't imagine someone would watch a doc about Harrison without already having seen something on the band itself. Many of these stories I've heard time and time again, and they often have nothing to do with George specifically. Do we really need to hear Paul explain how he thought they should record under a fake band name called "Sgt. Peppers..."? This is like Beatles 101 shit.

No wonder this thing is over 3 hours.

Back
Top Bottom