Random Music Talk XLVI: No, studio Bad(minton) is NOT better than the live version.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I browsed the AV Club's AB review and was really pleasantly surprised to see the comments section full of actual U2 discussion, and not the BONO'S A DOUCHE comments I was fully expecting.

They reviewed the other reissues though, didn't they? It seems weird that they'd review the others and stop before AB.

But yeah, maybe it's just a matter of there not being many promo copies sent out.

Not a lot of reviews out there in general. Maybe they didn't send out press copies. That or, you know, U2 reissues aren't a big deal to anyone other than U2 fanatics. :wink:

They reviewed the other reissues though, didn't they? It seems weird that they'd review the others and stop before AB.

Well exactly. "Every" reissue gets a review by most of the major places, to suggest that U2 one isn't important enough is just silly.

I don't know, but whatever the reason, Laz will be convinced that it's some sort of Pitchfork inside job-style conspiracy designed to make U2 look bad.

Maybe u2 said "Those turkeys are just going to take jabs at us again, so fuck them. They're not getting one."

And then they were all "BAM! Yeah, eat it, suckers! Ha ha ha!"

Pitchfork also had a substantial story on the reissue in their new section when it was first announced; they usually only do that for things that they plan on reviewing. I bet a review will show up next week sometime.

I didn't think it was possible, but I don't think I've ever loved AB more than I do today. Maybe because I hadn't listened to it all the way through in way too long. I've been taking the longest routes possible to every destination today just so I could listen to it.

:heart:

The good news is that the delay means someone is probably taking the time to go through all 6 discs and 4 DVDs of the Super Deluxe, which they probably didn't get in advance. Hopefully that will result in a thorough and fair review.

Don't get me wrong, of course they'll eventually review it like they did the others. I'm just saying that it's extremely possible that it's not a high priority to get the review up as soon as possible for a U2 reissue for most sites out there.

Is it ever any use to try and engage the Iron Horse in debate?.

HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA! Ah HA HA HA HA HA AHAAAAAAAAA!

... oh, you were serious? That would be a firm "no."

I didn't think it was possible, but I don't think I've ever loved AB more than I do today. Maybe because I hadn't listened to it all the way through in way too long.

This sums up my current feelings as well. I'll probably go home tonight and blast it again.

I'm just saying that it's extremely possible that it's not a high priority to get the review up as soon as possible for a U2 reissue for most sites out there.

Gotcha.

It really is an awesome set. I literally gushed over it with one of my buddies during lunch today (he's actually a member here, but never posts any more: Audiophile).

Oh, darn, I have to run by the bank on the way back to work. I hope there's not a long line at the drive-through or anything, because I wouldn't want to be late from my lunch hour stuck in line listening to Love is Blindness or anything. It's Friday, it could happen.

It really is an awesome set. I literally gushed over it with one of my buddies during lunch today (he's actually a member here, but never posts any more: Audiophile).

I remember Audiophile. Good dude. Tell him to start posting more or else I'll find him and throw a sandwich in his general direction.

Aesthetically, the set is very alluring. They've done a very nice job on that front. I really want to hear the unreleased stuff, but today is dedicated to Ms. Feist, whom I am seeing in a few hours.

Fucking hell, Miranda Lambert's new album has been out for days and I didn't know it. God dammit. My afternoon is booked solid now. Let's go.

Fucking hell, Miranda Lambert's new album has been out for days and I didn't know it. God dammit. My afternoon is booked solid now. Let's go.

I'm glad you brought it up, because twice this week I actually thought to myself "I wonder if GAF's heard her new album." And then of course forgot to come and ask.

I hadn't heard anything about it until I read the Entertainment Weekly review last week.

GAF, what did you think of Stronger?

I actually didn't make it through more than the first couple of tracks. Wasn't really feeling it. I might try again later.

I'm glad you brought it up, because twice this week I actually thought to myself "I wonder if GAF's heard her new album."

I hadn't heard anything about it until I read the Entertainment Weekly review last week.

Yeah, apparently (and not surprisingly) it's been getting good reviews. I don't know how it slipped under my radar.

don't know how it slipped under my radar.

I do.

large.jpg

I'm gonna go with (c) none of the above.

Did I win??

well, if c was listed as posting from a friend's house while i camp out here til i've got power at home, you never would have believed that anyone would actually like me enough to offer their couch.

No electricity at home is a sign from God that you should be camping out at your city's Occupy site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom