Random Music Talk XLVI: No, studio Bad(minton) is NOT better than the live version.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching a sign language conversation right now. Pretty cool.

Something tells me it's directed at you and looks a little something like this

the-history-of-the-middle-finger.jpg

I'm waiting for cori to come give me a clip over the ears. I've got no idea what they're talking about, but they're laughing a lot. Not something you see every day!

Friggin' Cobbler. :angry:

I'm not gonna get on my soapbox here, just know that you've added to my list of reasons to hit you upside the head whenever we meet.

The plan to only listen to our local Indie station until I heard She's Gonna Blow Your House Down has finally paid off. S'ok song. Didn't realize Boon had re-recorded the vocals though...I think I'll listen to Kindergarten when I get home.

The song has a sick chorus, very catchy and I love Edge's subtle contributions. The verses are kind of generic and nothing happens. Pretty good overall, but sounds too much like present-day U2.

The song has a sick chorus, very catchy and I love Edge's subtle contributions. The verses are kind of generic and nothing happens. Pretty good overall, but sounds too much like present-day U2.

What are those little sprinkled sounds at the beginning? Probably the work of Declan Gafney? It sounds good but I can't get too excited about old songs that some engineer dressed up. They're fucking demos, we don't need them to sound finished or contemporary.

It's telling that Down All The Cocks shreds all the ones with new lyrics/vocals/treatments.

And I have to say that I think I like Salami even more than I used to, which was a lot. What a great fucking track. Would it have been out of place on Cockropa?

Just back from the food-jobber (name that Simpsons episode, Cobbler), where I heard a Hootie & The Blowfish song. It's strange to reminisce that, for about a year there in the mid-90s, they were bloody ubiquitous. I still like that band, strangely enough.

No way. Blow Your House Down is absolutely a better song. ABOY has a horrible chorus, because Bono tries to sing out of key. And the double tracked vocals, which are the worst things in the world.

The high/low double track certainly worked well on AB.

And I'm not judging the song better because of Boner (though I do love his uncharacteristic scream right before the solo kicks in); I prefer Hedge's guitar on ABOC.

Laz, trying to read your posts when you make the shuttlecock references is like being asked to do math in every one. When will the insanity end???

Laz, trying to read your posts when you make the shuttlecock references is like being asked to do math in every one. When will the insanity end???

It's seriously just as awful as the people who use the ridiculous abbreviations in Everything You Know is Wrong.
Maybe even worse, because it's so incredibly "unfunny" at this point.

EDIT: Bonoz2012 hates the abbrevz 2.

Anyways, I wanted to stop in to say that I had forgotten how much I used to love Where Did It All Go Wrong as a young'in (AKA WDIAGW for weirdos AKA Where Did It All Go Schlong for bigger weirdos). I just listened to it and remembered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom