Random Music Talk XLVI: No, studio Bad(minton) is NOT better than the live version.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one else just turns their undergarments inside out to double the wear time?

Well la di dah, I expect none of you ever got caught driving without pants either.

Just addressed an email to the editor "About Today". Awesome.

And for those who don't have me on facey, today I got to go out on a media boat in the bay and watch about half an hour of the sailing world cup, and I'm invited to a luncheon and a VIP party too. I love this job.

Interference has made "I'm down in T.O., keeping Jive alive" one of my favorite Neil Young lines.

JBHiFi are fucking useless. They've got the super deluxe listed as available from the 28th October but have no idea when it's coming in. I demand satisfaction.

Got about a third of the way through the Bright Eyes album Lifted etc etc etc before giving up. And before you lambast me for picking the wrong album, it was one of the ones people told me to listen to when I asked for a suggestion, and it's also their highest rated on RYM.

Hey GAF, Crazy Ex Girlfriend is a pretty hot album. Miranda Lambert is a great storyteller and the record was well-paced with a lot of great hooks. I enjoyed myself a lot, although I find her voice a little thin and yodely.

Got about a third of the way through the Bright Eyes album Lifted etc etc etc before giving up. And before you lambast me for picking the wrong album, it was one of the ones people told me to listen to when I asked for a suggestion, and it's also their highest rated on RYM.

I can't stand Bright Eyes, so I doubt you picked the wrong album.

Most fans consider that one or I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning his best.

Cobbs, f you don't like Lifted, you're not going to like Bright Eyes. Valiant effort though.

In other news, my elite gymnastics 12" finally arrived. Hot stuff.

Finally, a rundown of bands I caught this weekend:

Spoon, Lykke Li, M83, Okkervil River, The Joy Formidable, Cloud Nothings, Asobi Seksu, Kelly Shelly in Athens, Le Butcherettes, Slayer, Public Enemy, Major Lazer, Diplo, Childish Gambino, Big Freedia, YACHT, Austra, Grimes, Speak, and Purity Ring.

Favorite sets were probably Purity Ring, Lykke, Gambino, and Austra.

I didn't bring anything for him to sign, but we did a Troy & Abed handshake.

Gosling hunting did not pan out for me, but homeboy was there shooting the new Malick.

Hard Normal Daddy has to be one of the more unsettling album titles ever. Pretty good music though.

u2popmofo said:
No Turquoise Jeep, Imps? :sad:

They were on right after Donald's standup set, so I was probably taking a much needed leak and grabbing a much needed beer.

Yeah, it actually ended up being pretty positive towards U2, which I sorta wasn't expecting at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom