Random Music Talk XLVI: No, studio Bad(minton) is NOT better than the live version.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Temple Bar version is an abomination. You'd think after those successful singles they'd have the balls to just release the album version.

Full disclosure: Wild Shuttles was my favorite song on AB since the first time I heard it. These days, I'd probably go with Cockrobat, but the other is def still up there.

So you can see why it bugs me so much, and why it also enrages me that the band has mostly played acoustic versions on the last couple tours.

Have you all heard the electric version from Amsterdam on Squirtigo? Because they fucking NAILED it (even if Boner couldn't do the falsetto) and I can't understand how they didn't all know it and only did it this way on a couple other shows. That guitar work at 4:20? Come on now.

U2 , Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Amsterdam Arena (Vertigo Tour) 16-07-2005 - YouTube

Full band acoustic stuff is much less offensive than the Bono/Edge crap, but still, why not just give Edge his normal guitar? Same with Stay from that show.

Listening to Spiderman... why is Bono on anything but Rise Above 1? I thought this was a cast recording...

that acoustic riff to start the Temple Bar Remix is pretty cool, but the song eventually bogs down

Wild Horses and Ultraviolet were the only reasons I came back to Achtung the first time I listened to the album. Hated/didn't like almost all of the rest.

I FINALLY got paid some of what I'm owed last night. So today I bought Hurry Up We're Dreaming (is Midnight City the best song in the history of music? I'm thinking it is), Wilco's Being There (I liked two of the songs I youtube'd that lemel posted) and Mylo Xyloto.

Austin sounds awesome. Let's not get crazy here with the whole state.

I didn't realise all those festivals took place at Austin :lol:

99% of the people on this site are mental defectives. We are the 1%.

#occupybangandclatter

This made me laugh.

Also, I'm looking at $183 for Big Day Out (one day)... full lineup isn't out yet.

Kanye West
OFWGKTA
Soundgarden
Kasabian
My Chemical Romance
The Living End
Röyksopp
Hilltop Hoods
Boy and Bear
Parkway Drive
Mariachi El Bronx
Architecture In Helsinki
Battles
The Jezebels
Frenzal Rhomb
Girl Talk
The Getaway Plan
Cage The Elephant
Foster The People
Best Coast
Gin Wigmore
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Cut Off Your Hands
David Dallas
Beastwars
Ghoswave
MayaVanya
+ Tony Hawk and his Vert Jam Team

Not a great lineup so far really, but I think I love Kanye that much. Plus Odd Future, Best Coast.

It doesn't bother me either, I just appreciate the humor of a lead singer basically not knowing anything about his own songs.

Ha! I can get behind that. As much as I'll defend the poor guy, I also do my share of pointing and laughing at him. He's like some weird rock star version of the absent-minded professor. Really smart guy, much talent, but maybe behind all the bravado, he might be a little bit of a mess. Like, "I can tell you 8 million facts about Africa right now, but what's the verse to Out of Control again, and where the fuck are my house keys?"

Bless his heart.

I don't think any of the 'baby' versions are better than the finished versions. And I think the Temple Bar version of Horses is ... fine. I listen to both versions without having any strong opinions either way other than "gosh, I love this song."

I've only given the Kindergarten disc one spin so far. I need to get on that again a few more times this weekend.

I've only given the Kindergarten disc one spin so far. I need to get on that again a few more times this weekend.

For me it's a nice bridge between the AB working tapes (which I haven't actually listened to in about 10 years) and the final album. It's nice to hear how the songs evolved, but that's it; the finished product is exactly as it should be.

Man, this new Miranda Lambert is really fucking good.

I know it's not really anybody's preferred "genre" around here, but shit.

LeMel, you're the one who listens to anything. Next time, instead of some shitty bullshit nobody's ever heard of, check out Four The Record. Actually, you should probably hit up Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Revolution, too, while you're at it.

You know what, don't pull a cobbler. Don't listen to Four The Record first.

If you haven't heard any Miranda, you should really start with Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

39d08e8c073c11e19896123138142014_7.jpg

Some songs that aren't actually Christmas songs always remind me of Christmas-time. One of them is She's Leaving Home. Another is Blue Ridge Mountains.

GirlsAloudFan said:
LeMel, you're the one who listens to anything. Next time, instead of some shitty bullshit nobody's ever heard of, check out Four The Record. Actually, you should probably hit up Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Revolution, too, while you're at it.

GirlsAloudFan said:
You know what, don't pull a cobbler. Don't listen to Four The Record first.

If you haven't heard any Miranda, you should really start with Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

Can do. I've got no beef with country or Miranda Lambert and I've only heard good things about her music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom