Random Music Talk XLVI: No, studio Bad(minton) is NOT better than the live version.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the healthiest person I know.

In truth, I have a rather fragile constitution and I absolutely hate getting sick, so that's why I'm kind of obsessed with taking care of myself. My immune system is pretty strong but I have other problems - like, musculoskeletal stuff, plus I recently discovered I have some food allergies.

Flus and colds, though, I can self-treat and cure in record time!

Can't say I'm hearing much remastering on AB so far, but my car stereo kind of sucks. Must listen with headphones.

Is it ever any use to try and engage the Iron Horse in debate?

If anyone needs any medical advice feel free to hit me up, I start my first job as a qualified nurse this Monday coming.

Axver said:
You're just not drinking hard enough.

Maybe. But a few years ago when I was a weaker drinker, I had six 5% beers on an empty stomach, then four shots of ALDI BRAND vodka, passed out, and couldn't move the next day. Anyone else would have chundered all over the joint.

I projectile vomit...managed to do it in the middle of a church when 19, hit a few rows around me. Haven't been to mass since. Can't say my discovery of atheism was anything to do with a great moment of enlightenment:wink:

Honestly, I prefer to throw up if I've had way too much to drink. You're so drunk you don't really know what's happening, and I find I always feel normal the next morning. If I keep it down, the next morning usually sucks pretty hard.

Charming topic, this.

He's a teacher, and that is like the scariest thing I've ever heard.

Although, an old teacher of mine started up a blog so outrageous she got linked to and ripped on at Gawker, so I guess it's not that insane.

Why do you have to behave like an Elfa?
He's Canadian. It's in his blood.

Eat lots of raw garlic, both of you. It will kill a throat infection and boost your immune system. Eat it crushed by the spoonful with some honey or just sprinkle a ton on top of some tomato sauce with pasta. Any way you can get it down.

Apple cider vinegar diluted in water is also good for throat stuff.

/joyful's home remedies
I'm keeping these in mind next time I have a throat issue cause hot tea with lemon and honey doesn't do shit anymore. I get strep throat at least 3 times a year in the winter. I very badly would like my tonsils out, but it's not exactly an elective procedure.

I get strep throat at least 3 times a year in the winter.

What? Girl, what am I going to do with you. I've had it once in 25 years.

But you really don't want to mess with strep. If there's no improvement in 3 days you need to get on antibiotics. However, if you take a lot of antibiotics, that could be part of the problem. Antibiotics kind of crush your immune system if you overdo them.

Am not a doctor.

What? Girl, what am I going to do with you. I've had it once in 25 years.

That said, you really don't want to mess with strep. If there's no improvement in 3 days you need to get on antibiotics. However, if you take a lot of antibiotics, that could be part of the problem. Antibiotics kind of crush your immune system if you overdo them.

Am not a doctor.
I have had so many ear infections and incidents of strep that I'm immune to amoxicillin. Fun stuff. I always go to the doc when it's more than 3 days, and it's 90% of the time strep. The other 10% is usually a viral sinus infection that lasts for months. :happy:

Damn tonsils.

Also, Joyful, I have an epic Comcast story for you. I couldn't make this up even if I wanted to.

I've had food poisoning 4 times in the last 7 years. So that means I've vomited quite a bit. Gotta love that feeling like you're out of control of your breathing and you might suffocate while you're heaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom