Random Music Talk XLIX: Celebrating traditional Australian customs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That U2 clip is the first U2 song I've listened to this year. Is this an omen for finding lurrvve, oh zodiac gods? :clutchingatstraws:

I'm listening to the so called "USA Remix" of New Years Day, guyz. It has crazy lyrics and stuff.

What do people tend to do in Salt Lake for New Year's, Mofo? I seem to remember the alcohol costs being prohibitively high.

Uno and Battleship tournaments.

He was not very good.

I'd believe you were you not likely drunk or stoned at the time.

Here's one of my fav. New Years songs, guyz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXQ-BNiR9vU

Agreed on both counts.

Man, I don't know what to do today. Too much music to check out, thanks to all the year-end lists. Too many things I want to watch - movies, The Wire, Mad Men courtesy of AMC, and Portlandia reruns. Also would love to kick off 2012 with a new book.

I might be too overwhelmed with choices, which means I'll end up just watching the Star Wars marathon that Spike shows on every holiday, possibly including Arbor Day.

Agreed on both counts.

Man, I don't know what to do today. Too much music to check out, thanks to all the year-end lists. Too many things I want to watch - movies, The Wire, Mad Men courtesy of AMC, and Portlandia reruns. Also would love to kick off 2012 with a new book.

I might be too overwhelmed with choices, which means I'll end up just watching the Star Wars marathon that Spike shows on every holiday, possibly including Arbor Day.

Mad Men is the greatest thing to ever happen.

Just watched a bit of the Luke/Vader duel at the end of Empire for probably...uhhhh...the 974th time in my life. Still kicks all the ass.

When I got my Blu-ray set I couldn't stop myself from going right to that part of the movie. Probably the defining cinematic moment of my childhood.

Anyway...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, COCK FORCE!

:wave:

Happy new year, RMT. Except for Peef and iYup.

Ha, I'm feeling better now. At the time of that post I was stuck at an atrocious house "party," but $5 Manhattans at the bar down the road lightened my mood considerably.

Ha, I'm feeling better now. At the time of that post I was stuck at an atrocious house "party," but $5 Manhattans at the bar down the road lightened my mood considerably.

$5 Manhattans would make anything better. I haven't been to a NYE party since 2000 rolled over to 2001. I remember it well, I fell asleep during The Princess Bride, cause that's what Utah teens do at a party. Uno, Battleship, Hide and seek (I shit you not), and then watch either The Princess Bride or Monty Python And The Holy Grail. Of course, this was before the advent of facebook, texting, iPods, etc. And I'm pretty sure it was a CleanFlicks version of Holy Grail, too, cause the first time I saw it, I don't remember it being that funny.

I drank two glasses of wine, nine beers, and at 6am was still at the party, in my friend's homemade teepee with ten people.

I went home and only got about four hours of sleep, but I'm feeling pretty decent considering.

Fuck Tim Tebow.

2012 is off to a great start.

Reading about all your festivities tells me one thing "I need new IRL friends." Either that, or I need to move somewhere that's not socially dead.

Utah sounds like hell on earth.

lazarus said:
I drank two glasses of wine, nine beers, and at 6am was still at the party, in my friend's homemade teepee with ten people.

I went home and only got about four hours of sleep, but I'm feeling pretty decent considering.

Fuck Tim Tebow.

2012 is off to a great start.

Who the fuck would want to party with you?

Wow. What do you mean when you say suffered through that? Because I would take sleeping tablets at 10pm before even considering experiencing that.

Happy new year, everybody! Hope you've all had a good weekend. I did absolutely nothing this weekend other than work, blech. But I've also been watching the "Twilight Zone" marathon off and on, so, woo.

cobl, sounds like quite the interesting show you went to recently. Glad you enjoyed some of the acts, at least. And I've never heard of Boy and Bear at all, but your rant against them has me curious just to see how bad they really are :D.

Will have to work my way through some of these YouTube clips at some point and give these songs a listen.

Looking back, Teen Dream should have been a lot higher on my best-of-2010 list. It's a damn sultry album with several infectious tracks.

Crap. I remember that shit. Is it still around?

It's the prettiest state.
i think they finally outlawed CleanFlicks, freedom of speech n'at.

canyonlands and stuff are pretty, yeah. Up here, there's not much to look at but smoggy air and a big, dead, stinky-ass lake.

I vastly prefer the mountains in Northern Utah to the desert in Southern Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom