Random Music Talk XLIII: 11 O'Clock Click Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OpIwD.gif

For those who do not know, I work in Canada's wild, wild west and moved here from Montreal almost 3 years ago. Today is my last day at my current employer, as I was offered a tremendous opportunity on the east coast.

I will begin my long drive out east on Monday, and hope to do some of it through the U.S., which means visiting states I have not yet had the pleasure of seeing - Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Illinois etc. This will please GAF, as if I plan on taking in a White Sox game on Thursday or Friday before continuing on my journey.

So I will not be on here much over the next few weeks, but I'm looking forward to the experience! :)

Nice! I'm super jealous of that road trip. I always feel like I need one right when school starts up again.

Why does alcohol and the internet always seem like a good idea at the time?

It's a really good album. I think Somebody That I Used To Know is well deserving of being so ludicrously popular, even if it is odd (though satisfying) to hear Gotye on mainstream stations.

Speaking of mainstream stations (because shit, cat), how funny is it that they've only seemed to pick up on the fact that Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People exists within the past month or so? That song must be nearly two years old.

It is. It's very refreshing to hear a really good song on top of the charts again, though when I flicked to Nova the other day it just didn't feel right to hear it sandwiched in between Moves Like Jagger and yet another awful Guetta-involved song.

Yeah unbelievable. Triple J have been on that shit for ages and Nova start playing it. :rolleyes: One of my good friends is really close with Owl Eyes (she's from Werribee).

Gotye songs that might pique some interest here:

Gotye- Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra)- official film clip (HD) - YouTube

This song could have comfortably fit on Cee-Lo's album last year:

Gotye - I Feel Better - YouTube

And my favourite:

Gotye - Save Me - YouTube

Our little Cobbler's such a poet. :up:

Louis CK - Suck a Bag of Dicks - YouTube

Gil! Scott! Heron!

:hi5:

But yeah, this title is a worse mistake than "Montcon"

cobl04 said:
Why does alcohol and the internet always seem like a good idea at the time?

Son, that's one phenomenon with you young lushes I just don't understand.

Just watched the end of that press conference from Toronto.

It's nice to know that at least they're not oblivious. The last album was clearly an attempt to get a little bit away from the formula, from the universal subject matter thing, and they now must realize that somewhere along the way they didn't follow through, that the compromise hurt the product and thereby hurt themselves.

Whether they can still get deep into the creative process successfully again is, as Boner said, up for debate. But at least they're going to try, unlike most dinosaur acts who are content to just go back to the same well.

These guys will never be the Rolling Stones.

you know, the 2010 version of the 360 tour rightly cops a lot of shit....but that first auckland show was the most ethereal moment i've had with music. it doesn't matter how fucked up i get on alcohol or anything, i did that auckland show sober, and even when wasted i've never had that kind of connection with music as i did that night.

yeah, post is totally out of nowhere....but had to be said. somewhere. i didn't need to create my own thread, but i had to say it.

The first 5 or 6 songs at the second night of the Toronto show on the first go around of the tour was unlike anything I've ever experienced before. We were inside the pit and there was just this weird (in a good way) energy that felt more like a dance club than a concert. There was a decent amount of room around everyone, and people were dancing and it was just so awesome. The show lost some steam after that, but it was something I havent felt anywhere else. The more recent Toronto show kicks the shit out of the older one though just by virtue of the fuck-it-take-no-prisoners attitude the band burst onto stage with and maintained for the majority of the night

video for Somebody That I Used To Know

sorr-ay if I butchered the capitalization, PF

has that song blown up over in Oceania? sounds like a quality tune :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom