Random Music Talk XLIII: 11 O'Clock Click Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you take it easy, baby.

...Shit, did I just think out loud?

...Shit, did I just think? :chug:

The Field's new album is getting excellent reviews from Pitchfork and at rateyourmusic. I'm very excited about that and will be listening tonight.

Traviud and Gaffer, too? well, damn. 13 september's a big day on interference.

..wait, yours is in February, Trav. don't confuse me. it's far too easy.

Happy birthday, you crazy guys.

Maybe I'll have to give Girls another chance. I remember seeking out that song everyone was talking about a couple of years ago, and just hating it.

Which song? I played "Lust for Life" a million times that year. I've pretty much loved everything so far so I'm guessing I'll like the new one, too.

Yes, it is. Unfortunately it's Saturday night, which would mean missing Cut Copy, Chromeo, TVOTR, My Morning Jacket, and Stevie Wonder. That's a bit much if you ask me, especially given Arcade Fire play uncontested on Sunday night.

Coldplay are up against Kanye on Friday, but they're also doing a taping on Thursday. And it looks like I successfully traded my Arcade Fire passes for two to Coldplay. So now I don't miss any of the festival and don't have to split time away from Kanye Friday night. Awesome stuff indeed.

Yes, it is. Unfortunately it's Saturday night, which would mean missing Cut Copy, Chromeo, TVOTR, My Morning Jacket, and Stevie Wonder. That's a bit much if you ask me, especially given Arcade Fire play uncontested on Sunday night.

Coldplay are up against Kanye on Friday, but they're also doing a taping on Thursday. And it looks like I successfully traded my Arcade Fire passes for two to Coldplay. So now I don't miss any of the festival and don't have to split time away from Kanye Friday night. Awesome stuff indeed.

Shit. And you're moving away from this?

Well moving never had anything to do with Austin. Sort of an "it's not you, it's me" thing.

As for the taping, all other things being equal, I think I'd rather go to the Arcade Fire one. It's definitely a battle of bands I've already seen too many times, but going to the Coldplay one on Thursday ensures I don't miss any of the festival and get to see an entire set from Kanye. That sits well with me.

Interesting interpretation of the word "success" there.

going to the Coldplay one on Thursday ensures I don't miss any of the festival and get to see an entire set from Kanye.

I still get to see Arcade Fire (for the second time this year), get to see all of Kanye (first time), and don't have to skip a legend like Stevie. Success. And if you see above, if it was a standalone choice between one or the other, Arcade Fire would have gotten the nod. But there are a ton of other considerations.

Anyway, I'm off to see Bon Iver. Don't wait up.

I did end up listening to that EP yesterday. I didn't hate it, but I didn't exactly love it either. I really like the song I heard the other day though still, I think it's the closer?

I hope you're talking about Hellhole Ratrace cori, the one that has the same boring refrain repeated for like 10 minutes, because then I agree.

Hellhole Ratrace is so incredibly boring. I've liked all of their following releases more than Album, with the EP being the best. The new one is good too.

I love a lot more than half of Plastic Beach. Listen to Black On Both Sides, friggin Cobbler. Can't believe you haven't heard it yet.

Happy festivities to those with birthdays today.

Also, 212, have you heard Girls' debut, Album? I would venture to say that it is quite a bit stronger than the EP.

Oh shit, I literally thought I was the only person here who really hated that song.

Melancholy Hill, Sweepstakes, Stylo, Glitter Freeze, Empire Ants of course, Superfast Jellyfish and Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach... that's where it's at. I never listened to that iPad album though.

Happy festivities to those with birthdays today.

Also, 212, have you heard Girls' debut, Album? I would venture to say that it is quite a bit stronger than the EP.

I haven't. There was all the hype surrounding it, and I couldn't find it, then I heard a song or two and didn't care much for them at all. I'd pretty much written them off until I heard "Carolina" two days ago. I'm really not big into this whole surf rock thing going on right now, and the first track on the EP was definitely surf rock infused. Is that their sound in general?

That being said, the first track, "Oh So Protective One", the song I found the most "surf rockish", I like a great deal, so...I can be a little schizo when it comes to music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom