Random Music Talk XLIII: 11 O'Clock Click Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Girls got a BNM and a 9.3 on P'Fork. Gonna have to grab that one soon. Lots of good music this month.

It also got a 9 from PopMatters. I'm looking forward to it. I just found out as well that there is another Miles Davis live box set coming out next week. I'll also have to get that one.

I heard something by Girls yesterday from an EP. I liked it a lot. Wasn't at all what I remembered them sounding like, so, I think I may perhaps go ahead and listen to that EP this afternoon.

The Moz is coming to my little town to play the American Legion Hall Convention Center that accommodates all of 2,000 people. I shall be monitoring the situation closely for all Moz nods.

And, looks like I'll make it to the free Explosions in the Sky show Thursday night, yay.

The Moz is coming to my little town to play the American Legion Hall Convention Center that accommodates all of 2,000 people. I shall be monitoring the situation closely for all Moz nods.

And, looks like I'll make it to the free Explosions in the Sky show Thursday night, yay.

I would highly recommend seeing Moz. I am currently trying to find some tickets for the Chicago show, which appears to have sold out in less than two days. Something about that just does not sound right, though.

I would highly recommend seeing Moz. I am currently trying to find some tickets for the Chicago show, which appears to have sold out in less than two days. Something about that just does not sound right, though.

2,000 tickets still haven't sold out here after three days

(my town is lame)

(or, rather, economically depressed)

Yeah, that doesn't sound right indeed. Why do so many people want to see him? I saw him once a few years ago (2007? 2008?) and it was a forgettable concert. Miserable bastard.

i'm at work and can't listen to music here. quick question, what do Girls sound like? any comparible bands?

i'm hesitant to download them because of their name considering i hate women and all.

Intramural softball begins tonight, gang. In my last game two years ago, I was thrown out at the plate to end the game and was suspended for a violent argument with the umpire. Hopefully things turn out better this time around.

Man, we only had IM softball in the spring. I'm dying to get a team together soon. It's all my buddies back in DFW and I did. They're still in a few leagues, and I have to sit here listening to fucking "Glory Days" and missing playing.

I played intramural softball once in college. I was playing for someone who couldn't make it to the game, so the rules were very quickly explained to me (not the rules of softball in general, the league rules). I got a hit. Didn't know you couldn't slide though, so I got thrown out at third, that was mildly disappointing. I did catch a foul tip (is that the right phrasing, I've never quite been sure) though, which was awesome, except I wasn't wearing pads, so it smacked me right in the chest and knocked the wind out of me.

I miss playing softball :(. I didn't get signed up for the city league in time, so I didn't get to play this summer. Maybe next year.

Man, we only had IM softball in the spring. I'm dying to get a team together soon. It's all my buddies back in DFW and I did. They're still in a few leagues, and I have to sit here listening to fucking "Glory Days" and missing playing.
I'm listening to Kashmir, wearing 3/4 red sleeves and didn't shave this morning. I'm ready to go Utley all over everybody's ass.

DJ Shadow's new album, dropping October 4, features vocals. From the likes of Talib Kweli, Posdnuos and Little Dragon. Cool. Cool cool cool.

Also, the all-knowing facebook tells me jt and gaf have birthdays today, so hbd. Irvine too. hbd

j_timberlake1_300_400.jpg

:wink:

Underrated album: Soup by Blind Melon. Really nice mixture of grunge, psychedelia and lilting pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom