Random Music Talk XLIII: 11 O'Clock Click Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the one I heard. It kinda blows.

It says something when it's like the sixth hit when you type in the letter p on youtube. I don't mind but fuck it's incredibly overrated. Massively underwhelming song.

Here's a waaaaay better version by a cute girl who lives in my town and is a friend of a friend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_AA6NCt4ew

Doesn't change the fact that it's still not a great song, but eh

In much more important news:

Broken Social Scene's Kevin Drew Talks Band Hiatus, Future Projects, Apps | News | Pitchfork

:sad:

if this thread goes another page without mention of the new Girls album, i'm starting a new thread for it. yes, i might "go there".

cobl04 said:
Who is the guy in TVOTR with the raging homeless beard? Looks like a cool dude.

Kyp, bro. He has a pretty nice solo album too.

And yeah, start a Girls thread someone. I should've done it years ago when I started pimping Album.

Are you guys talking about iYup's favorite country act?

Imps, if you haven't already, take a look at the game thread.

Stupid stores! I wanted to cry yesterday when I got an email from the only music store in Utah I still actually "like" about how they're likely going out of business at the end of the year, as they can't find someone to buy the store from them. If if had more money, I'd seriously buy the damn thing and run it.
That seriously blows. Which one?

Interesting posts here of how much an indie band makes off of digital/physical sales.

That being said, it costs us 35 EUR/year to keep an album on iTunes, Spotify, and Amazon (105 EUR per year for all 3 of our albums!) so we don’t make any money until 24 people have bought a digital copy of the album on iTunes, or 150 single songs, or if we get tens of thousands of listens on Spotify! In most cases, it’s actually more economically viable not to sell the music at all.

Uniform Motion — Release day economics
Uniform Motion — The Play to Pay Ratio

35 Euros a year to pay someone to host your music for a year is hardly anything to cry about. It costs more to host a shitty website with your own domain for a year. It's the cost of doing business

It also helps if you can sell your own brand of coffee through the website.

Speaking of VWilcock, I was listening to Mermaid Ave (vol. 1) yesterday, and while the Tweedy-composed songs are by no means bad (the whole album is enjoyable), the Billy Bragg stuff is considerably superior. The guy obviously has more in common with Woody Guthrie in terms of being a fellow protest singer, which drives his passion for the material, but I think his melodies here are better as well.

Jay Bennett helped compose a few songs on that album, too, if I'm not mistaken.

"California Stars" I know he did, for sure. Love that song.

For some reason, I still have never seen the I Am Trying To Break Your Heart film. With the infamous Bennett/Tweedy fights and all that.

Might have to find it online at some point soon.

Busy as shit. My job up here has become more involved every year. Waiting for that to pay off, as mostly it's just been work the last four weeks.

I'd be much more comfortable finding out that he's elsewhere while I'm in Dublin. That way I can relax and won't keep looking around for him everywhere I go. :wink:

THE CLlCK WAS HERE.

Thanks, guys. I'm really excited and can't believe it's finally here after over a year of planning.

I just passed some dude on the street in Beverly Hills who was wearing a 360 Down Under tour shirt.

I was barely able to resist punching him in the kidney and telling him to "take that back to Cobbler".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom