Random Music Talk XLI: Uber Deluxe Now Includes Butt Meat; Still A Waste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the lamer songs by the band, and by lame I don't mean bad, but just wimpy. That falsetto chorus is WAY too close to Cockplay and it occasionally makes me squirm. I appreciate the sentiment but musically it don't do much for me.

Whatever. New S.M. Jenkins album in two days, bitches!

Also, I am writing this from my friend's house in Joshua Cock, CA. There's actually a tree behind her place all by itself, and my initial reaction was "they're supposed to be in groups! ZOMG is this the original Shuttlecock tree??" and then I quickly remembered reading that tree had died or cracked or something.

I wonder how many groups of rabid SC fans have dressed up and posed like the band in front of one of these trees. I'll bet that douche who impersonates Boner around here has done it.

Cheese has never semmed classy to me. Maybe it's just me. I don't know. Not a clasy dairy.

This is a slam against Wisconsin, isn't it? Are you saying Wisconsin is not classy?

Of course, the moment I start discussing how dull things are, Bono starts having chest pain:

I say this because he's apparently okay: What, did he find out how much they were charging for the reissue?

Alternate:

This is why 'his people' have been warning him about reading EYKIW. He never listens.

And because a thought does not exist if it is not expressed on the internet: I'm glad he's okay. If it was tied to anything controllable, he will follow up with his regular doctors and heed whatever they have to say.

lazarus said:
Also, I am writing this from my friend's house in Joshua Cock, CA. There's actually a tree behind her place all by itself, and my initial reaction was "they're supposed to be in groups! ZOMG is this the original Shuttlecock tree??" and then I quickly remembered reading that tree had died or cracked or something.

I wonder how many groups of rabid SC fans have dressed up and posed like the band in front of one of these trees. I'll bet that douche who impersonates Boner around here has done it.

Dude, The Tree is nowhere near that once lovely town. Any real fan would know that. As for your second musing, surely you've seen my sig picture by now?

:)

Hey, Scums, what's your opinion of The Life Pursuit by Belle and Sebastian? I finally heard it, and I'm in hardcore fan mode again. Amazing record; I think I like every single song. I'm mostly surprised because I had only heard Writes About Love post-If You're Feeling Sinister, which was good but not something I return to. Pursuit is so vibrant and alive.

I like it, but rarely find myself wanting to hear anything from it aside from Another Sunny Day for some reason.

i miss yertle. wonder how that kid's doing. although i guess he's not a kid anymore. i'm pretty sure he's the only person to ever call the umass radio station on the phone from singapore.

On of the times I was in Singapore, he and I were going to try to meet for dinner or something, but we couldn't make it work.

so I wouldn't have to run with a fucking broom.

That's seriously one of the lamest things I've heard in a while. Real sports aren't good enough for people?

seems really fucking annoying, not nearly wonderful and hilarious like you guys seem to think.

I watched 6 episodes or so of this most recent season, and mostly felt the same way. Not for me.

It's good. Will definitely come back to it (I will even buy it tomorrow if someone can tell me if the liner notes have lyrics?).

It does.

Why is this? It's been so long since I read the books or watched the movie, but aside from it being a bit incongruous to the story I thought it was ok.

What bothers me is that the game seems to exist for the sole purpose of glorifying HP. The rules are ludicrous. It would be as if there were one player on each basketball team whose shots counted for fifty points instead of two. The other players are rendered completely useless.

If anyone cares, Julian Lennon has taken to Twitter and Facebook to reassure us all:

For those whom are fans of Bono, the recent reports about him going to hospital with chest pains this weekend, were completely false & just the media trying to stir things up, as usual... He did, however, go for a regular check up last week, but was given the all clear! He's in fine form! ;)

corianderstem said:
If anyone cares, Julian Lennon has taken to Twitter and Facebook to reassure us all:

For those whom are fans of Bono, the recent reports about him going to hospital with chest pains this weekend, were completely false & just the media trying to stir things up, as usual... He did, however, go for a regular check up last week, but was given the all clear! He's in fine form! ;)

That does make me feel better.

That is great news, but it probably would be wise for Bono to start reducing the amount of alcohol, red meat, and tobacco that he consumes at this stage of his life.

While of course it is sound medical advice in for everyone in general, I feel weird about those kinds of statements because none of us really knows how much Bono drinks/smokes/carnivores.

Then again, I've been thinking all morning "dude needs to relax and slow down, not do so much," but it's not like I know how much he's running around trying to save the world, either.

The forum outrage against the cruel and heartless media has only begun, however.

I just have one question: How the hell would Julian Lennon know?

Also: has anyone checked out Yoko's twitter feed? That's a fresh batch of crazy.

Julian Lennon was apparently hanging with them in Monaco, or wherever. He was mentioned in the ZOMG EMERGENCY news story, and I think I've read other blurbs and seen pictures that they hang out occasionally, at least recently.

While of course it is sound medical advice in for everyone in general, I feel weird about those kinds of statements because none of us really knows how much Bono drinks/smokes/carnivores.

Then again, I've been thinking all morning "dude needs to relax and slow down, not do so much," but it's not like I know how much he's running around trying to save the world, either.

That's true. His weight does tend to fluctuate quite a bit, though, and I seem to remember him being rather proud of his dining escapades in Bono in Conversation. Of course, it is his life, and he can do whatever he wants.

Hopefully his back surgery put the fear of god into him a little bit with health stuff, and he's already made any changes he's needed to make, and has umpteen doctors advising him.

Back
Top Bottom