Random Music Talk XLI: Uber Deluxe Now Includes Butt Meat; Still A Waste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Technique is a very good record, but I don't think I ever realized that New Order sounded like the Cure for a while. Three albums in and I still don't know what to expect from them.

Partly why they're so great. Technique was really the last album where their sound was cutting edge in terms of musical trends; the band had been exposed to the club scene in Ibiza (maybe even recorded there?)and much of the album reflects that influence.

Looks like Harriet is leaving Los Campesinos! after the next two shows.

Can't wait to hear more "Gareth is the Michael Corleone of indie rock" idiocy around here.

It's strange how many bands are essentially a revolving door for people coming and going, but people seem to pick and choose just a few which they'll talk crap about for that reason. Is what it is, I guess. Seems a lot of the time that people who are the most talented at some facet of work / art / whatever, are usually somewhat quirky and difficult for many others to get along with socially.

Best part of writing collegiate papers: writing a bunch of bullshit off the top of your head without citations and then having to go back and prove it with some bullshit source you found at the last minute. I've got this.

Best part of writing collegiate papers: writing a bunch of bullshit off the top of your head without citations and then having to go back and prove it with some bullshit source you found at the last minute. I've got this.

I still say that the greatest skill I learned from college was how to write fluff in a convincing manner.

I still say that the greatest skill I learned from college was how to write fluff in a convincing manner.
:up:

It's strange how many bands are essentially a revolving door for people coming and going, but people seem to pick and choose just a few which they'll talk crap about for that reason. Is what it is, I guess. Seems a lot of the time that people who are the most talented at some facet of work / art / whatever, are usually somewhat quirky and difficult for many others to get along with socially.

But why is it assumed that it's always due to personal reasons? When y have a band with 8 people, I think it's natural that some who aren't the primary songwriters (Gareth & Tom, I'm assuming in this case) would want to move on to other things, esp. on the indie level.

They better find another violin-playing cutie because Kim ain't cutting it as a replacement for Aleks' spot.

Back
Top Bottom