Random Music Talk XLI: Uber Deluxe Now Includes Butt Meat; Still A Waste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're allowed to be wrong, so no worries. But, yeah, the OG is clearly awesome. There's no denying that.

It's good, and I like it, but it in no way puts the original to shame. That's just crazy. But then again, I was obsessed with Kate Bush before most of you were born. :reject:

Kate could run a nation more competently than W. Haters like GAF wouldn't be allowed in. Not sure about the status of penises in general, tbh.

Just a quick reminder, everyone: the Butt Meat room is and always shall remain open. A decent time was had by all, last night. A million thanks to bono_212 for that Battisti recommendation. Already trying to find a cheap copy.

BUTT MEAT : Listening Room

Fixed (we were sharing accounts, so the mixup is understandable). Very glad to hear it stuck with you! What a joyous song the title track is.

Ash brought the Cure and Galaxie 500 (forgot how much I liked Temperature's Rising) though, of which I'm grateful.

Yeah, you're not going to get many obscurities from me :lol:

And that fucking Battisti records needs a repress. Holy shit. Cheapest good quality LP copy I can find is like $99 and in Europe.

Looks like somebody visited the Listening Room and wasn't sure what to make of it. To anybody wondering, it's a "Random Music Talk/Listening" listening room. It's called "Butt Meat," in honor of the first song played therein.

Only song by The Libertines I know is "What Katie Did". Used to play on the radio at work allllllllllllll the time.

GAF, what do you think of that Simply Saucer record I recommended? I'm assuming that you've heard it, of course.

I have no idea what The Libertines is. I'm sorry.

Damn. Early 2000s English punk (using this descriptor very, very loosely) band starring the songwriting partnership of Pete Doherty and Carl Barat. Surprised you actually haven't heard of them. Also, not so surprised at the same time.

*Cue Laz talking shit about Pete Doherty*

GAF didn't ask me my opinion, but I think they're rad.

Yeah, I didn't ask you because we've talked about them before and I know that you like them. Actually, you might be the only other person on this board I've encountered that's mentioned liking them.

If you shout... said:
And that fucking Battisti records needs a repress. Holy shit. Cheapest good quality LP copy I can find is like $99 and in Europe.

That blows. The MP3 copy I have is a shitty vinyl rip that I'm actually quite grateful to have at this point. I should ask rateyourmusic users where they found it.

GAF, I do know of Pete Doherty. And I guess that I do know of The Libertines. One of my friends in Tokyo loved them, and I heard several songs by "Pete Doherty's band," over the years. Not my style, sorry.

What up, peef.

GAF, what do you think of that Simply Saucer record I recommended? I'm assuming that you've heard it, of course.

Oh yeah, "Instant Pleasure"?

Shit was good. I like the proto-punk stuff. That was the only song I've listened to, though. So far.

He's awesome. I would like to see him play live at some point. I've heard he's great.

I could probably do a very quick search to see if he's touring right now, but I'm lazy.

The only show, according to their site, that Black Dub even has upcoming just so happens to be in Champaign, Gaffer.

09/08/11 Champaign, IL University of Illinois at Urbana United States

Yeah, same building I saw Okkervil as the backing band for Roky Erickson.

Good show. But the room I saw them in has just the worst sound. Really bad sound.

u2popmofo said:
Modern Romance. TV on the Radio's acappella cover of it is really good too, despite my typically abhorring anything acappella.

Right. I love their vocal harmonies; A Method was the highlight of their Lolla performance for me.

Hey, Scums, what's your opinion of The Life Pursuit by Belle and Sebastian? I finally heard it, and I'm in hardcore fan mode again. Amazing record; I think I like every single song. I'm mostly surprised because I had only heard Writes About Love post-If You're Feeling Sinister, which was good but not something I return to. Pursuit is so vibrant and alive.

Lanois is playing ACL too. Planning on checking it out.

I met a girl last night from GAF and Shiiter's Alma mater. Probably would've been there around the same time as the former.

Back
Top Bottom