Random Music Talk XLI: Uber Deluxe Now Includes Butt Meat; Still A Waste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have appropriated from my brother a set of Lego soldiers, complete with weapons, medic and Jeep. The tempation to make a very gory scene is strong.

Jive Turkey said:
Well, when you think about it, that's a pretty fucking stupid phrase itself

absolutely. most figures of speech and idiomatic expressions are.

Reggo said:
I have appropriated from my brother a set of Lego soldiers, complete with weapons, medic and Jeep. The tempation to make a very gory scene is strong.

I'd feel compelled to recreate scenes from mash.

corianderstem said:
Ha!

So I'm listening to the audio from the Slane show, and Out of Control was on, and I know Bono's kind of morphed the lyrics of the chorus, and something something spirit, blah blah soul .... they were even more nebulous sounding at this show.

I swear I mishead it today as "You got chocolate ... on my soul!"
was it like "hey wtf, you got chocolate on my soul!" or more of a "fuckyeah, chocolate on my soul!" kind of statement?

So, one lego soldier is on the stretcher, barfing into his helmet, legs amputated, another one's got his head blown off and the third is doing the head-blowing-off. And the medic is in the jeep, radioing for help.

Lego war is hell.

was it like "hey wtf, you got chocolate on my soul!" or more of a "fuckyeah, chocolate on my soul!" kind of statement?

:lol:

I suspect the other band members were doing all the WTFing at that moment.

Also, for the record, I was sitting on my deck and the traffic was a little noisy, so it's entirely possible I misheard.

absolutely. most figures of speech and idiomatic expressions are.

The worst is "you can't have your cake and eat it too". I get what it means, but CAKE IS FOR FUCKING EATING. Infuriates me.

So, one lego soldier is on the stretcher, barfing into his helmet, legs amputated, another one's got his head blown off and the third is doing the head-blowing-off. And the medic is in the jeep, radioing for help.

Lego war is hell.

I remember this :) I wasted many, many an hour on lego :up:

Do you guys think that shouter like "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"?

These are the questions that keep me up. Not really. But, they pop into my head. I've just made a delicious turkey sandwich.

Bur for real. Shouter, what do you think about this song? Any recollections, emotions, opinions...as much as you're willing to divulge on a public forum...

I get a lot of fun out of trying to guess whether shouter would like certain songs. You just never know. IWB as well, though it's a bit easier with her as I can sort of just go "well it's got a beat, therefore the word hate is likely to be used" :wink:

I very much enjoy that song. I don't listen to it too often, but I have heard it a great many times.

Just wrote a really, really, really long and exhausting post, but it's embarrassing and I guess I'm not posting it. Maybe some other time. Let it be known that I think the song is catchy and emotionally resonant, and that that's more than good enough for me, in most cases.

You should have! 90% of my posts are like that.

That's seriously one of the lamest things I've heard in a while. Real sports aren't good enough for people?

It does.

I would have actually enjoyed myself if it was soccer or something. (Soccer is hella fun to play, just boring as hell to watch.)

What bothers me is that the game seems to exist for the sole purpose of glorifying HP. The rules are ludicrous. It would be as if there were one player on each basketball team whose shots counted for fifty points instead of two. The other players are rendered completely useless.

I see what you're getting at... but it made me chuckle that you call the rules of quidditch ludicrous when the whole thing is set inside a magic school that can only be accessed by magicians who have to ram a shopping trolley at a non-integer platform :wink:

You literally run around holding a broom between your legs. It's ridiculous.

1. I just downloaded Worms on my Mac and I see GTA III is also in the app store for $15. What a wonderful computer. I think I'll also go on the family computer and search for a product key for Office, cos no way am I paying $150 just to fucking write a word doc. Plus we've had tons of viruses on that comp already so what's another one.

2. Fomo is in my top ten for the year.

Cobbler, you can download OpenOffice for free. Works exactly the same.

:lol:

I suspect the other band members were doing all the WTFing at that moment.

Also, for the record, I was sitting on my deck and the traffic was a little noisy, so it's entirely possible I misheard.

Still makes more sense than half the Bongolese in Elvis Presley and America. I love that song, though. Bono used to be good at rambling in a song.

Cobbler, you can download OpenOffice for free. Works exactly the same.

Oh awesome thanks :up:

My Worms team, Dungeon Family, just won their first battle. 3000 went down early, and Big Boi and Big Rube didn't last long either, so it was left to Cee-Lo, who was down 3 worms to 1 and still won.

I have finally fixed the tracklisting of all the Led Zep albums in my itunes (I have Led Zep through Physical Graffiti as it turns out) so I plan on finally getting to know them all like I should already very soon.

So, I ignored a vague text message on Monday and a co-worker of mine ended up getting fired as a result. I feel bad. :uhoh:

:lol: some of those are pretty funny. but still :madwife:

OK, Cobbler, last time I'm going to ask. Would you like me to send you these Big Boi Walmart sessions. They're about to be permanently deleted.

Consider it a late birthday gift.

YES! Or just post the link again. I was at work when I saw the last post, on my phone, so I skimmed past and forgot about it.

Couldn't have been the sole reason, eh?

Well, no. Her attendance record was her own fault. I ignored her text call her cause I didn't think it was a big deal. Turns out she needed a ride to work. Not that I could've given her one, I was busy.

Sorry, sorry, when I saw it, I just couldn't help myself.

I messaged her last night but she never replied. But her facebook, usually prolific, has seen no action since hours before I text her, so maybe there's a reason.

#probablyabouttimeistoppedrevealingdetailsofmypersonallifeoninterference

Back
Top Bottom