Random Music Talk XL: Slappin' Bitches With Vik

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laz this rerelease issue of CRCR is fucking amazing. Absolute steal for $23 imo.

monkeyskin said:
Sucks, unless you have benefits?

I think I'll let her know when I see her next, see if she's down for benefits with the DZA

I can't wait to be ridiculously disappointed by the upcoming new Ryan Adams album.

I saw that segment earlier on the AC360 broadcast. It really was heartbreaking. It actually motivated me to make a donation to Save the Children.

I would really like to help in some way, but all the talk of aid not getting through makes me wary of just throwing some money at the problem. I was thinking of Doctors Without Borders, but haven't heard much about Save the Children.

Also, thanks for the Knife vids. I'll check them out.

Also, that song by The Knife is AWESOME. I love it so much. I suppose I should eventually get around to checking out their other stuff.

Uh, yeah. SHEESH, CORI. Sheesh.

I was slightly annoyed back when people thought that was a Jose Gonzalez original.

I wouldn't recommend the whole album

I wouldn't recommend any of it. I like to pretend it never happened, actually. :wink:

I can't wait to be ridiculously disappointed by the upcoming new Ryan Adams album.

Whatever happened to Bonochick?

Speaking of disappointment, I think I'm going to bail after Wild Nothing are done tonight. Sorry, Bright Eyes, I just don't have much hope you'll play more than one or two songs I actually want to hear, and even those will probably sound mediocre live.

Imperor said:

Meh, Cardinology kinda grew on me, still not the greatest but not my least favourite either. I haven't given III/IV much of a listen but I have heard it's a mess... This one looks like an actual album at least.

I'm glad for Ryan, that he managed to make it to 30 and got sober and everything, but he is really fucking boring these days.

Good for him on locking down the only 90s teenypopper who managed to get hotter with age.

I would really like to help in some way, but all the talk of aid not getting through makes me wary of just throwing some money at the problem. I was thinking of Doctors Without Borders

Have you considered donating to Cobblers Without Benefits?

Very worthy cause; for the price of a cup of coffee (the old school kind, not the expensive stuff your company makes) a day, you can help send this young man to the local brothel and satisfy his unrealized ambition.

Thinking back on it, although I own a great deal of his stuff, the only album of his that I ever feel a need to listen to is Love Is Hell.

And look at this: our friend Benmont Tench apparently guests on the upcoming Ryan Adams album. Strange that I have seen his name on two successive days after never having heard of him before.

Thinking back on it, although I own a great deal of his stuff, the only album of his that I ever feel a need to listen to is Love Is Hell.

That one is great, but I'd be hard pressed not to list Heartbreaker and Cold Roses as essential listening, the latter being one of my all time favorites if you can believe it. Gold is solid, albeit to a lesser extent. Everything after Cold Roses has been spotty to loathsome. So hopefully we can get a bit of a rebound here and not another Easy Tiger-level clusterfuck.

Have you considered donating to Cobblers Without Benefits?

Very worthy cause; for the price of a cup of coffee (the old school kind, not the expensive stuff your company makes) a day, you can help send this young man to the local brothel and satisfy his unrealized ambition.

They must have a very reasonable fee schedule in Australia. Too bad he can't pay with JB Hi-Fi gift cards.

Ryan Adams opened an Oasis show I went to. During their set, Liam said something to the effect of 'Cheers to Ryan Adams, of all our openers, he's the most recent one.' Funny guys.

I still haven't picked up his last album. I think I finally reached the point where I decided I had enough Ryan Adams albums and didn't really need another one unless I heard it was amazing.

Ryan Adams opened an Oasis show I went to. During their set, Liam said something to the effect of 'Cheers to Ryan Adams, of all our openers, he's the most recent one.' Funny guys.

The funniest thing I've read about Ryan Adams is that he refunded a guy's ticket fee out of his own pocket and then had him thrown out of a show for requesting "Summer of '69."

I didn't realize he also smanged Courtney Love? And not even during the late 90s when she was sorta hot for awhile. Eww. Tho I guess it is something of an alt-rocker rite of passage.

Imperor said:
That one is great, but I'd be hard pressed not to list Heartbreaker and Cold Roses as essential listening, the latter being one of my all time favorites if you can believe it. Gold is solid, albeit to a lesser extent. Everything after Cold Roses has been spotty to loathsome. So hopefully we can get a bit of a rebound here and not another Easy Tiger-level clusterfuck.

Jacksonville City Nights is pretty good, it was around 29 where he started to drop off imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom