Random Music Talk XL: Slappin' Bitches With Vik

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pavement covers are cool DIY stuff. Love 'em all. The classic Cure covers are great too, can't really defend the recent ones though.

No Net is a great title AND cover. Also, there are multiple definitions of "horizon"; they don't all include a line. Websters refers to it as "the apparent junction between the earth and sky".

My parodies of Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall have gotten progressively more nonsensical over time. I think now I'm changing it to anything that sounds better than the original, which is basically any phrase in the English language.

Listening to Lanois' Shine album, and am really liking it about halfway through.

Did Bono Vox write the lyrics to that "Falling At Your Feet" track?

GirlsAloudFan said:
Did Bono Vox write the lyrics to that "Falling At Your Feet" track?

Yes, partially. There's a version of it on the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack that's gorgeous.

That track, Ground Beneath Her Feet, Never Let Me Go and Stateless should have been released as a standalone EP. Anything to get them more recognition than they received.

Yeah, Ground Beneath Her Feet and Stateless are stunners. Hot tracks.

I've never listened to the full Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack, though. Shit. I will try to do that this afternoon.

Oh yeah, happy birthday, Deptuty. Roll yourself up in vinyl and race some tumbleweeds or whatever it is you Austinites do.

I remember participating in the argument about the equal sign, about whether it was actually going to be on the cover or not.

:doh:

Sometimes I am one of those embarrassing internet fans.

Well, there is nowhere on the internet where the band doesn't say, or the record company does say, whether or not the equal sign won't or will be not included, so it's a valid arguement

I bet you one million dollars in iTunes gift cards that Bono was against having an equal sign on the cover.

Bono did that just for me.

I'm going to find him in Dublin so I can thank him personally.

So .... who's willing to bail me out when I get arrested for climbing over his wall?

For Bono, beer and snack cakes are viable forms of gratitude.

Although most PLEBAns and EYKIW regulars would go the handcuff route.

Stateless is one of U2's best imo

Definitely one of my U2 favorites of the past 11 years.

Yeah, Ground Beneath Her Feet and Stateless are stunners. Hot tracks.

I've never listened to the full Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack, though. Shit. I will try to do that this afternoon.

First sentence: Agreed.

Second sentence: For some reason I vividly remember going to Media Play (it was still in business) to get the soundtrack. It wasn't out on the floor, I walked back to the customer service desk and asked about it, they had no clue what I was talking about, but then found it behind the desk in a box. A guy standing nearby with a concerned look on his face suddenly looked relieved, and said he was looking for the same thing. Was that guy U2inUtah?

What are the songs from the recording sessions that didn't make it on the soundtrack? I know I have at least one or two kicking around somewhere, I remember liking both quite a bit and being surprised they didn't make the cut over some of the pointless crapola on there.

A guy standing nearby with a concerned look on his face suddenly looked relieved, and said he was looking for the same thing. Was that guy U2inUtah?

Ha ha, it wasn't me. I was living in St. Louis when Million Dollar Hotel and ATYCLB came out. I WAS at the Orem Media Play for the 'Pop' :drool: and 'Best of 1980-1990' midnight release parties though...but this was probably during the time you were in Japan.

Ha ha, it wasn't me. I was living in St. Louis when Million Dollar Hotel and ATYCLB came out. I WAS at the Orem Media Play for the 'Pop' :drool: and 'Best of 1980-1990' midnight release parties though...but this was probably during the time you were in Japan.

Yeah, Japan then. I was there for the Leave Behind and Atom Bomb midnight releases though. Wish stores still did that sort of thing for albums, it was a lot of fun to be there with other fans.

I saw a midnight release party like that while I was in Texas....

...It was at Hot Topic...

...For what album I can't remember, I think The Used album that came out before the current one.

What are the songs from the recording sessions that didn't make it on the soundtrack? I know I have at least one or two kicking around somewhere, I remember liking both quite a bit and being surprised they didn't make the cut over some of the pointless crapola on there.

what's this about extra songs? And you have them?

Want to know something funny, Bonoz2012, I went to a midnight release party for that very album because they were allowing people to pick up any other albums coming out that day at midnight. Boxer (and something else I can't remember) came out that same day.

EDIT: The other albums were Battles - 'Mirrored' and Pelican - 'City of Echoes'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom