Random Music Talk XL: Slappin' Bitches With Vik

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll donate to the fund to get Cobbler to stop calling himself DZA.

Not enough money in the world.

Incidentally, one interesting tidbit that girl told me (she saw Wu Tang) was that at their gig, at the end, a bunch of sluts ran to the front because apparently one of their roadies/security/etc picks about 20 to go backstage, and then five get handpicked to have their way with members of the clan. And apparently one (at another show) had a heart attack while she was fucking RZA. That last bit could be complete bullshit, though.

Love Is Hell.

What do you think of Matt Groening's early work?

Also, happy birthday imp.

I had to emphasise the size in case reggo thought I was saying happy birthday to Lmp and decided to rip me to shreds.

I have never been too keen on alt-country

Same here.

I've never been a fan of any version of Holy Joe.

Same here.

Happy b-day, pImperor.

51n5An8xMFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Is Daniel Lanois' solo shit any good?

Very.
I think Acadie and Shine are the highlights. Quite atmospheric (hey, this is Daniel Lanois we're talking about :) ). So it's more The Joshua Tree (or Peter Gabriel's So) than Achtung Baby. Or, to leave out the U2 references, it's not unlike Wrecking Ball by Emmylou Harris.

I had actually never heard that. I just was so aware of it, and see it posted about often enough, I guess I just assumed I'd heard it already. Was quite good and not at all what I was expecting. Liked it a lot.

IMO, I'm Not Your Baby is maybe the best thing U2 released in 1997. And the Pop album is already a favourite of mine (probably top 5 or close to it).

I kind of prefer the guilty mix to the original, but still adore the song

There is no (officially released) original version. Or, you can say, there are two: Garage Mix and Guilty Mix. In my eyes the Guilty Mix is just as much the original version as is the Garage Mix.

Imps, for your birthday I have listened to Last Summer in full this morning.

Let's talk about stupid album titles while ignoring the fact that a horizon is by definition a line.

The worst news is that Every Bono Shits A Rainbow wasn't a one-off. I really like Major Minus and Charlie Brown, and the more space allocated to songs like those, the better.

If I worried about whether or not covers are ugly, I probably wouldn't own 80% of the albums I love. Bye bye, Pavement albums. Bye bye, The Cure. Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

I care as much as you do. Hell, you should care a great deal more, since you'll actually possess a physical copy of the artwork. Twas an offhand comment regarding an insignificant aspect of an album no one has heard. I don't know what else we're supposed to do with it at this point.

For the low, low price of 450 pounds, you can have all of the stupid leftover Viva La Vida clothing patches your heart desires. They're made of felt, for your convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom