Random Music Talk XCVIII: When the Music's Over...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to buy some earbuds that may actually stay in my ears while running, and was pretty weirded out by best buy's music selection. First off, in pretty sure all the CDs were 16.99, second off there was literally 1 album on vinyl. And it was Against Me's White Crosses, which was just as random as it gets.

Anyone watch the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony tonight?

I thought all four of the special guests for Nirvana absolutely killed it. They did a really excellent job filling the shoes for Kurt for the night.

My phone background is a picture of a spitfire and my lock screen is ninja turtles, in case you guys were still wondering.

Yeah, last time I went in Best Buy the CD selection had shrunk considerably and I don't think they had any vinyl at all.

Home taping is killing music.

A couple of years ago I spoke to an employee at Best Buy when I was looking for something not on shelf and he stated that they were trying to steer pretty much all of their music sales to their website and reducing the in store stuff to make room in stores for other merchandise.

And I don't ever remember them as having much in the way of vinyl in stores.

nxfXbr

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

Well if this new Black Keys album is indicative of the work Danger Mouse did with U2, maybe they were right to scrap it.

Bono and Edge are such vastly different songwriters to Dan Auerbach, though. I feel they have such a stronger sense of vocal melody and such a wider color palette.

You're probably talking more about the production side of things, but just from a pure songwriting standpoint I think it's hard to make any sort of connection there.

If the songwriting informs the production then it's gonna be a different ride.

Frozen has now settled in as my favorite movie of 2013, by the way.

Got The Clientele's reissue of Suburban Light today. Psyyyyyyyyched, yo!

Fucked Up's album is top notch. The fat guy that sounds like a cement mixer is more out of place than ever.

Un-high yourself and watch it.

I was low on ingredients I normally use and just made a fairly gross green smoothie. Still drank it all.

Mother you're gone and father you're gone, lover you're gone and other you're gone.
*guitar riff*

I made a fairly awesome smoothie. I put fruit in it. All the fruit. Strawberries, blueberries, grapes, a banana, orange juice. I think a kiwi even found its way in. It was delicious.

Back
Top Bottom