Random Music Talk XCVIII: When the Music's Over...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still only have heard five Floyd albums, which is pretty dumb.

I love Meddle as well, though it's immeasurably improved if you take out San Tropez and Seamus. The YNWA fading into the organ pings of Echoes is so perfect I don't know why there's two tracks in between.

Summer '68 is really one of the best songs ever. Too bad the rest of Atom Heart Mother can't keep up.

Summer '68 is really one of the best songs ever. Too bad the rest of Atom Heart Mother can't keep up.

"If" and "Fat Old Sun" are pretty good. I never listen to the two remaining tracks though.

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast has a novelty to it, but unfortunately it wears off pretty quickly.

I love Meddle as well, though it's immeasurably improved if you take out San Tropez and Seamus.

a_560x375jpg_zpsfcd4aa95.gif

Yesterday was our last day in Darwin after the rally. We spent the day driving around looking and swimming at a national park, and I was in the car with two teammates, Sue, a lovely, free-spirited fortysomething mother, and Ed, a mid-thirties gay man, one of the funniest people I've ever met, and impressionist extraordinaire. We spent an hour just singing songs because the radio wasn't working, and it turns out he loves Zooropa, so we sang most of the songs from the album. Very fun. Never thought I'd sing Some Days are Better than Others a capella with someone I didn't meet on here.

Her divorced friend of the same age was hotter.

Sadly being the only person under 28 I came across as more of a cute little pseudo son than a potential sexual partner.

But me and Sue are gonna go to Burning Man.

Listening to a NPR stream of the new Antlers album.... So far so good.

Sent from my AT300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Not sure, but a quick check in the OOC forum will probably tell you what flavor of souls the grim reaper is feasting upon.

Every Death Grips album has been worse than the last. I'm going to listen to the new one just to see if the streak continues.

Now Fallon is on every night here, I'm beginning to dislike him. There's usually one half-decent joke in his painful 75-minute opening monologue, then he does a segment like hashtags or weird pics that people send in, and then he makes a lame joke, and then milks it for about 30 seconds with that ugly bloke to his left with the massive double chin. He is also an awful interviewer as you all had said, all his questions are so basic and sycophantic. A lot of the skits are great, like that Chad Smith/Will Ferrell drum-off, and this bowl-off with Neil deGrasse Tyson I'm watching right now, but it's few and far in between.

Fallon has a high budget and gets good guests because NBC desperately does not want for him to fail like Conan did, but none of that disguises how deeply unfunny the guy is.

He seems like a nice guy though.

That Joking Bad parody of his was the least funny thing I've seen in quite some time.

Now Fallon is on every night here, I'm beginning to dislike him. There's usually one half-decent joke in his painful 75-minute opening monologue, then he does a segment like hashtags or weird pics that people send in, and then he makes a lame joke, and then milks it for about 30 seconds with that ugly bloke to his left with the massive double chin.

Jump on board the Craig Ferguson train while you still can. #bitb

Back
Top Bottom