Random Music Talk XCVIII: When the Music's Over...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The three-and-a-half minutes of "nothing" is Glenn McGrath, fast bowler extraordinaire, setting up the wicket. McGrath bowled five balls that were just wide enough for the batsman to leave alone, and then on the sixth ball brought it in just a tiny bit, enough to force the batsman to play, and Hussain got a thin edge on the ball, and wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist caught it.

There in lies part of the problem and why cricket matches can last 14 months...the Bowler can miss the wicket as many times as he wants before finally delivering a wicked googly to induce a weak foul pop. In baseball 4 balls and the batter takes first base so it forces pitchers to throw strikes. No bowling for soup for 3 hours.

:wink:

I was a Blue Jays can since visiting Toronto in 1983,

hwl

I was just coming here to post something to that effect. I was really looking forward to that show on Friday as a celebration of a grueling school year having ended. In short, this joke isn't funny anymore.

Oh man, I am soooo sorry to hear that. What a little fucker.

EDIT: Is that four or five in a row, now? I didn't realize he canceled a show in March as well.

I just asked someone "Donde pain? Здесь?" Thus creating a new language: Spanglissian.

I wonder if Ian McCulloch was thinking "Stupid Bono" when writing the first two lines of the song "All Because of You Days" and then thinking "I hate you Bono" when titling the song.

Sent from my AT300 using U2 Interference mobile app

I thought Born to Die sucked but ULTRAVIOLENCE is the shit. My goodness, Dan Auerbach half-assed his own album but dropped a great one here.

Cruel World is definitely my favorite song by her except for Video Games, which is still the unassailable blueprint for her career.

I listened to the new Tokyo Police Club on a whim, having heard nothing else by then. For the most part, I really enjoyed it though it was rather derivative of other artists I like a lot more. Are they worth delving unto further?

"Balance" of the tour? Surely they could have chosen a far less esoteric synonym for that. I had to read it like three times to figure out what they were trying to say.

These Gary Oldman cell phone commercials are obnoxious as hell. How can a phone possibly be designed for people "who form their own opinions"?

It's only been once listen but I can't help be a little disappointed by Ultraviolence but look, I'm sure it'll grow on me as was the case with Born to Die. It kinda lacks the killer punch of the first 4 tracks on BTD...but as I said I'm sure it's a grower.

I'd take all of that "clown's" music of the last decade over that of Springsteen, Dylan, Cave, Bowie, every other solo dinosaur act.

speaking of "dinosaur acts":

(i don't know why there are only euro dates on that poster....)

1403035149362511_large.jpg

sucks that it's a sunday when it comes here (although it probably will get cancelled). i need to go to that (if it happens).

I'd take all of that "clown's" music of the last decade over that of Springsteen, Dylan, Cave, Bowie, every other solo dinosaur act.

He's a clown for his actions when it comes to touring/cancellations etc. (And blaming others for things like him getting sick), not his music. He'd be better off just saying he doesn't tour anymore so fans wouldn't get let down by him.

Back
Top Bottom