Random Music Talk XCVI - Counting Down Cobbler's Return to America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
India-no-place!

You know what? I actually had a really great time, yesterday. Lots more things I'd like to see and do that I didn't have time for, as well. Checked out the museum Martha recommend, saw the Ansel Adams exhibition, which was gorgeous. Didn't have time to see much else, though. Sped through the Native American history portion, got very depressed and then left for lunch. Went to a pretty legit Delicatessen, which I found strange to find in Indiana, but it was delicious. Then hit the Speedway, which was a really nice time. Both of my parents informed me, separately, that I had been there before, but I don't remember. Then I went to Fountain square, which is a very strange place. They had a little English pub type place there, though, where I had a scotch egg. One of the weirdest things I've ever eaten, but delicious. Also the enjoyed a local ipa that was quite good along with fish and chips that Cobbler would probably think were most improper. After that, I just walked around the square for a bit and found a really interesting board game store. It was basically a place to play D&D or Magic, but they have a catalogue of 1300 other board games you can play. You basically just pay them $5/HR to be there, so I hung around for an hour doing tangrams. Hadn't seen those since junior high, so that was a pleasant experience. Bought a really goofy Okami necklace and then returned to my hotel.

So, now you all know how I spent my day off. I hope you enjoyed.

Recommendations for cool things to do in NYC please :) my parents were very unhappy that as of yet I've got no accom booked and nothing planned haha

Interesting that Morrissey aid tribute to Shuttlecock when he covered Satellite Of Love, and now names his new album with another hat tip. Clearly the title means that it's none of our business because Boner's already got it under control.

That Moz nodding to U2 thread is still easily the most awesomely bad thing I have seen on these boards.

:up: Finally E Street Band is in RNR Hall of fame. Pity they didn't get in back in 1999...

I didn't know until just now that "E-Bow The Letter" is about River Phoenix. Hey. Great song, anyway. I should listen to more Patti Smith. I've only heard Horses.

How about Rory and Dean's kiss outside of Chilton set to the sounds of PJ Harvey's ONE LINE.

Hoo boy, that's good television.

I mean, it's no coincidence that they were inducted a few years after Clarence Clemons' death. The myth and stature surrounding the band, not to mention album sales, skyrocketed following his passing.

:lol:

That sad affair made us all reevaluate the merits of Working on a Dream.

I mean, it's no coincidence that they were inducted a few years after Clarence Clemons' death. The myth and stature surrounding the band, not to mention album sales, skyrocketed following his passing.

Fucking awesome post!

You know you're old when the highlight of your last two weekends has been cooking in your new crock pot.....

Crock pots fucking rule.

I didn't know that about E-Bow the Letter, either. Also, related, I just listened to that album yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom