Random Music Talk XCVI - Counting Down Cobbler's Return to America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sometimes it depends on when you come to the band (will leave that one to you Laz...). I didn't get into The National until shortly before High Violet, so that record and Trouble are easily my two favourites, though I enjoy Boxer and Alligator a lot as well.

I haven't liked either of the two new tUnE-yArDs songs anywhere near as much as virtually everything from the last album. :(

I preordered it a while back and it came in the mail yesterday with the sleeve basically unglued. Good thing she jumped to Matador. Fine product they're putting out there.

Jury's still out on the album for me. I only got half a listen in.

Matador was once my favorite record label, I used to visit their site regularly. That was many moons ago.

matador was awesome at the time. it may still be now, i'm just not aware of why it wouild be.

It's my second straight order from them that was fucked up in some way. The EMA sleeve not being glued is more annoying than anything, but my deluxe Kurt Vile set having a sticker affixed to the actual jacket rather than the shrinkwrap. It absolutely infuriated me, and it was not easily peeled off like some stickers. The cover is a fucking mess now. And my Darkside record from the same order had seam splits galore. Their customer service never got back to me about those, so I doubt they're gonna get back to me about the EMA record.

I heard He's So Blonde from that album out of context somewhere, must have been last.fm. I found the glam guitars in that track really fresh and though the rest of the album is nothing like it, it was still very enjoyable to me. Right now, I prefer her last album marginally.

It's my second straight order from them that was fucked up in some way. The EMA sleeve not being glued is more annoying than anything, but my deluxe Kurt Vile set having a sticker affixed to the actual jacket rather than the shrinkwrap. It absolutely infuriated me, and it was not easily peeled off like some stickers. The cover is a fucking mess now. And my Darkside record from the same order had seam splits galore. Their customer service never got back to me about those, so I doubt they're gonna get back to me about the EMA record.

that's pretty lame. i was referring more to the roster of bands was awesome, i've never ordered anything, vinyl or otherwise, from them directly.

OMG there is an actual DJ called DJP (they're my real life initials and back when I was in grade six and wanted to be a DJ that's what I was gonna call myself). Soooo gonna see that set.

Are the set times likely to be similar for weekend two? Friday looks pretty solid aside from the Bonobo-Nicolas Jaar clash.

Saturday can go and fuck itself, there's clashes everywhere... Bombay Bicycle Club/Chvrches, Warpaint/Washed Out, QOTSA/Empire/Mogwai, and the Pharrell/Darkside and Nas/Dismemberment Plan clashes are a fucking nightmare. Sunday looks fine, just hope there's enough time to scoot from Disclosure to Arcade Fire.

OMG there is an actual DJ called DJP (they're my real life initials and back when I was in grade six and wanted to be a DJ that's what I was gonna call myself). Soooo gonna see that set.

Are the set times likely to be similar for weekend two? Friday looks pretty solid aside from the Bonobo-Nicolas Jaar clash.

Saturday can go and fuck itself, there's clashes everywhere... Bombay Bicycle Club/Chvrches, Warpaint/Washed Out, QOTSA/Empire/Mogwai, and the Pharrell/Darkside and Nas/Dismemberment Plan clashes are a fucking nightmare. Sunday looks fine, just hope there's enough time to scoot from Disclosure to Arcade Fire.

If there are changes it will be minor.

Depending on the time of day it's taking place, I'd much rather see Bonobo live over Nicolas Jaar, despite the greatness of Space Is Only Noise. I just can't imagine it translating that well.

I'm leaning towards Nicolas Jaar only because I saw Bonobo in Jan... but if he's playing with a full band it'll be hard not to see him again. That shit was spectacular.

Bonobo live band was one of the best parts of FFF last year, so I'm not missing that.

Landed in LA a couple hours ago. Headed out to Indio Thursday afternoon.

I like this lineup. Too bad it's completely on the either side of the country. (Also, I have never heard of this festival before).

10175047_755485791163416_8380133303191893465_n.jpg

Is New Order worth seeing these days?

I've never seen them, so have nothing to compare them to. I'm sure I'd dig it, but am curious about their current live shows.

Also, just got my ticket to see Robyn & Royksopp this summer. YES.

They're playing their own gig here in July, so I'll probably go if I'm still living in Chicagoland then. Peter Hook solo was great, so I can't miss them if at all possible.

Normally I'd say it's like JFK was AFK, or More HKs than Haiti, which were the more amusing arena team names I saw when I still played WoW. But I get the impression I will have to explain what an HK is, and maybe even AFK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom