Random Music Talk XCVI - Counting Down Cobbler's Return to America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else is singing?

Pretty good shit.

Never mind, just saw the credit on the clip.

Of course everyone here will now love this because of the guest appearance. :rolleyes:

How the hell have The National passed you by so much that you didn't instantly recognise him? At any rate I think his bit is the worst part about it.

I stopped drinking liquor nearly a year ago because it was particularly irritating. Maybe now that I'm healing with medication I can restructure my drinking habits once again.

It took me 4.5 years to go to a doctor and get diagnosed with acid reflux because I am masculine and stubborn.

maybe if you laid off a couple of those thousand beers...

This is a big reason why I don't drink more. If I drink a bunch and go to bed it's not a hangover that gets me so much as acid reflux. It's horrible.

All the more reason to drink water with it like I'm supposed to, I guess.

This is a big reason why I don't drink more. If I drink a bunch and go to bed it's not a hangover that gets me so much as acid reflux. It's horrible.

All the more reason to drink water with it like I'm supposed to, I guess.

same here. if I think I'll be drinking more than a beer or two, I usually double up on my zantac and take 300mg instead of 150mg. acid reflux is awful though.

that peaches geldof news is so sad...she was only a year older than me.

The first step was cutting out liquor, the second step was reducing how often I had been drinking during the week. It really didn't help all that much, so I said something at a recent physical (I believe the first one I had in five or so years) and was told to start taking medication for it. It seems to be starting to work, which is a good thing.

The more I listen to it, and the more I think about it, the more I believe that Trouble Will Find Me is one of my absolute all-time favourite albums. I adored High Violet, and so upon first listening to Trouble Will Find Me I was really happy that it seemed to be as good.

These days it's easily my favourite National album. Second time I've listened to it today, and it's pretty much winner after winner after winner. Up there with In Rainbows and Kaputt as my favs of the past six or so years.

Probably haven't heard anything by Coldplay since Yellow either.

You haven't missed all that much.

Cobbler's post in response to this regarding some video he posted

Who else is singing?

Pretty good shit.

Never mind, just saw the credit on the clip.

Of course everyone here will now love this because of the guest appearance. :rolleyes:

Made me think 1) The National was somehow related to that video he posted 2) and that you are no fan. None of which means you went near Trouble Will Find me, as you listen to a lot of music, I figure you probably formed this opinion several albums ago.

It wasn't 100% serious at any rate.

I liked High Violet alright. Have heard Alligator and Boxer a few times but haven't really returned to them.

I don't find their music to be very unique or interesting, and while I appreciate Berninger's writing, I don't care for his delivery much.

They tend to bore me overall. Nothing I've heard about Trouble leads me to believe I would react to it much differently.

Ultimately I wouldn't say I dislike the band, I just find them an odd choice for everyone to rally around as the OMG BEST BAND IN THE WORLD, compared to the understandable appreciation for Radiohead.

I was in the Bob Geldof's Daughter thread and I was wondering what happened to Interference's own Grim Reaper? Not as active as in the past.

Probably too busy describing the minutia of every single thought/sensory stimuli of the day in OOC,I guess.

I liked High Violet alright. Have heard Alligator and Boxer a few times but haven't really returned to them.

I don't find their music to be very unique or interesting, and while I appreciate Berninger's writing, I don't care for his delivery much.

They tend to bore me overall. Nothing I've heard about Trouble leads me to believe I would react to it much differently.

Ultimately I wouldn't say I dislike the band, I just find them an odd choice for everyone to rally around as the OMG BEST BAND IN THE WORLD, compared to the understandable appreciation for Radiohead.

That's pretty much where I'm coming from too. I like The National, listened to them the other day and probably a lot more than you have. But I definitely agree with your points.

fair enough.

have i told you about my wildly unpopular radiohead opinions? i think i probably have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom