Random Music Talk XCV: Laz Is The Larry Bird Of Being A Son Of A Bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Gabriel did a song for a Disney movie and it was really good. :sad:

EDIT: And out of only three songs nominated that year, it lost to fucking "Jai Ho".

Honestly, it probably ends up being something in between and they end up releasing something in fall 2014, but that's not much better. Their lack of confidence pretty much seals the fate of this album. It's going to blow.

I'm sure this is the 20th time I've said this, but if this record comes out in late September/October, I'm done with these guys.

I honestly don't give a shit about the perceived delay, since that was never more than hope and assumption. What I do care about is the fact that some dipshit from Onerepublic is going to produce their recording sessions.

I can't help but laugh. When was this album originally intended for? 2012?

I mean, I admit that when the Super Bowl/new single news hit I assumed the album release was at hand and I allowed myself to feel some excitement…..so I find this news to be disappointing on multiple fronts. The more they meddle with things the less confident I become - but, I'll also say something I never really mentioned before and that's the fact that I cannot name too many things Danger Mouse has been involved with that I really liked. So, it's entirely possible the work they did with him just isn't all that great. I don't know. I guess I'll just be happy if/when it does come out and hope it's good stuff, and if it's not, I'll be bummed but not at all shocked. In the interim, as nobody in this thread need be told, there's always something new/good to listen to, something our friends in the other place rarely seem to grasp…...

More and more it seems like this is the last hurrah for them. I'm guessing the pressure to go out on a high note has them second-guessing even more than usual. You've got to think that if releasing 10 or so songs is this laborious and anxiety-ridden for everyone involved, it would make sense for a bunch of guys in their mid-fifties to retire. That's not a criticism - rather just an acknowledgement of reality.

Too many cooks spoil the stew.

Whilst my world doesn't evolve around U2 like it did when I was 15, this is pretty disappointing after all the "hype" around Invisible, yep it looked like a new album was going to be dropping soon. I guess once everything went quiet after Fallon and there was not even a hint about an album...(it was like they almost danced around the subject) the signs were there.

I'm not gonna be surprised if the whole current album album is scrapped, and what we see in 2015..that will probably get pushed back to 2016 and then finally finished in 2017, with a new single being released over the PA at the Women's World Cup Final in 2018 and then another acoustic track for the Mandela sequel movie in 2019...finally the band will break up in 2020 followed by a Adam Clayton solo tour in 2021.

Exciting times ahead! :happy:

Too many cocks spoil the stew.

i stopped reading at that, because this is how i read it. and i actually laughed at what i thought was a shuttlecock joke for the first time ever, only to find that my brain made it one itself.

Hell, at this point I'd be thrilled with an album this fall instead of next year.
I wouldn't. I actually was getting back to caring a bit just because they seemed to have their swagger back with this little media blitz ... and it's all for nothing. I have never cared less about the band. I'm gonna ... I don't know, go join a Haim message board or something.

I'm gonna ... I don't know, go join a Haim message board or something.

I couldn't imagine joining an another band forum, it'd drag me in and if this place was anything to go by I wouldn't be able to get out.

i stopped reading at that, because this is how i read it. and i actually laughed at what i thought was a shuttlecock joke for the first time ever, only to find that my brain made it one itself.

I do not want a bowl of said stew.
cream of sum yung gi soup?

I wouldn't. I actually was getting back to caring a bit just because they seemed to have their swagger back with this little media blitz ... and it's all for nothing. I have never cared less about the band.

Yep. I'm laughing, because even though I too got caught up in a bit of excitement, when people first started saying we were definitely gonna get an album in 2014 I still believed it would get pushed back to 2015. They're idiots.

Speaking of Haim, they have a song running in Target ads at the moment. I think it's Falling.

But you shouldn't have. They literally scheduled a press blitz for the new album. That they did and still can't deliver it is unprecedented incompetency.

The new Interference front page article is probably the only one I've had fun writing so far.

Fuck this shitty band.

Last edited:
I went to bed comforted by the knowledge that my band was far less relevant than U2.

Now, I'm really not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom