Random Music Talk XCV: Laz Is The Larry Bird Of Being A Son Of A Bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out about the band while scrolling through Rolling Stone's "27 Albums You Must Hear This Spring" article. They have U2 listed on there.

There's a punk band in there called Perfect Pussy. Neil Young has a covers album coming out that he recorded at Third Man. The guitarist from fun (who dates Lena Dunham and co-wrote a song with Taylor, a combo that makes him awesome) has a solo album coming. I kinda forgot about Damon Albarn's album, which I will definitely listen to.

I'll give the album a spin this morning and report back.

Sent from my Note 3 using my S-pen.

It all comes back to Woody.

clipart_woody-woodpecker_animaatjes-11.jpg

woody_allen_girl.jpg

I like that Perfect Pussy has a song called "Interference Fits". Seems to wonderfully match band name with title.

Anything can be learned, and I don't believe age has anything to do with it, specifically with technology. I've observed people in their 60s or 70s using iPhones and such, taking photos, video, and on social media.

Then you have my 65-year-old dad who has no idea what the Internet is or even what text messages are. But he refuses to try to learn, instead making snide comments about technology.

My point: if you have an open mind, you can learn anything.

Also, you're not old. :)

The hilariouser part of my tweet-ignorance was that I want to know when Russian Circles hits the stage on Monday night. I'm pretending that I can see them if they come on early enough, but they're the third band on the bill. So I posted to the venue's event page on FB at around 8:50. Then I went to bed.

Like there's a chance in hell I'll be awake when the first band comes on.

/tired

:kiss:

I'm not the biggest Animal Collective fan, although I do like some of their shit. Has anybody talked about Avey Tare's new band called Slasher Flicks? I like the band name.

Dunno if we've talked about it but "Little Fang" rules and I'm hyped for that and Panda's album.

That Goldfrapp album from last year is really good. It should have gotten more attention than it did.

I've listened to Washed Out's entire discography the last few days on the drive to and from work. I enjoy that group / guy a great deal. Even the non-album tracks are great.

I think I may have posted this, but one of my friends and I have been laughing about this video for weeks now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWL_G9Xhbio

I lied, Hurray for the Riff Raff is the name of the band that I was told to watch out for in 2014.

The first two The Music albums were pretty cool. The first one especially had some cool ideas that still sound pretty unique (Zeppelin / dance music combo).

Some pretty big tracks on those first two albums, I tend to think their potential was never really fully realised.

In doing a quick search, I'd say every article they've ever posted about him has been for the sake of irony or humor. Regardless, I think Lean Team are the stars of that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom