Random Music Talk XCV: Laz Is The Larry Bird Of Being A Son Of A Bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People have ripped Papa John's on here before, but I prefer it to most other chains. Obviously local places are ideal, but if I have to go chain, I'd rather do that than Domino's (fuck that garlic mess) and Pizza Hut (I could just order grease as a beverage).

I still prefer Pizza Hut, but I only order thin crust from them, as it's the only variation they make where they still toss the dough by hand (not hand-tossed, ironically).

We've had this pizza discussion before. Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do, we're gonna do over and over and over again.

dear-mr-pres-3.jpg

I used to like Domino's for cheap chain pizza. Had it a lot in college. A location opened up near me last year so I thought I'd try it for old time's sake.

It was fucking inedible.

Nancy Pelosi was being interviewed on our local NPR station, and since it was a part-human interest show, the host concluded with a question about what music she listens to. Pelosi said she stays away from her children's and grandchildren's music, but that all three generations enjoy one band together, and that it was U2.

Slightly surprising.

My alma mater had a terrible student section for basketball, and they used to pass out fliers before games with notes about the opponent that they could use to insult the opponents (i.e. Payne got arrested for punching a hole into a wall at a hotel). One time, the note was "Thad Matta's favorite band is U2."

Casa Bianca in Eagle Rock is my favorite in Los Angeles, but that's a sit-down place.

In more important news, which I get to break first because he probably doesn't Web While Driving, the long-awaited meeting of NSW and myself finally occurred, and in true Los Angeles fashion, while we were driving.

Extra credit to NSW for recognizing me with my sunglasses on.

Splendid chap.

No shit, really? That's hilarious.

How did you recognize each other? Were you both at a red light, and did you do the usual "Hey, man, wanna drag race" signals, rev the engines, nod slowly and then were like ".... don't I usually see you peeping through a window / jumping in the air with glee?"

Now he can leave LA in peace, leaving no unfinished business behind.

And, wow. That's pretty amazing.

Casa Bianca in Eagle Rock is my favorite in Los Angeles, but that's a sit-down place.

In more important news, which I get to break first because he probably doesn't Web While Driving, the long-awaited meeting of NSW and myself finally occurred, and in true Los Angeles fashion, while we were driving.

Extra credit to NSW for recognizing me with my sunglasses on.

Splendid chap.

First words spoken between us occur after I recognize him, roll my car up closer to his, and honk…he looks at me and I yell:

"are you fucking kidding me?"

We then proceeded to conduct a brief conversation while driving alongside one another, until we got honked into driving more quickly. It was ridiculously random and it was nice to actually speak to the man in person.

Now I can leave the city in peace.

In surprised Laz looked up from his phone.

Bruno Mars' Amazing just came on the radio at the doctors. I always hated this song, but I'm loving it right now. I think after the Super Bowl performance I might have a little bit of a soft spot for him. Plus that SNL skit he was in was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom