Random Music Talk XCIX - Hating on Mediocre Australian Bands with Keiran and the Gang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For all peeps using devices, it's extremely easy to turn off the signatures. Go to the side bar, go to settings, go to signature and turn it to off. Takes five seconds. They're fucking annoying to look at.

Were they ever able to license any actual Hendrix music for the movie?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

No. So he played covers of other artists instead.

We're going to have to do rock paper scissors if we're together when we meet up with him.

Are you willing to cheat on Steve? I'm a single man.

The power is back baby. Just like the big jeans or Doug iPod. I am drunk. Let's record some music.

What do you guys want to hear?

Hay IWB, you might like The Hotelier.

Hay Martha and IWB, youz might like White Lung.

Hay Cobbler, this message was sent from my iMac.

I thought Someday World was pretty decent, together they make a pretty intriguing collaboration. Daddy's Car has been played on a regular basis on JJ here, and Satellites is a strong opener.

Would above all like another Underworld album in the future though.

My children, I have returned.

During my travels away, I heard Love Me Again by John Newman. It's a fun song, but then I made the tragic mistake of looking up a live version:

sWA1ZMY.png

• total inability to hit the notes live without a nasally drone
  • the blazer
  • the gold chain
  • the 'Macklemore'

nooooo

anyone else have an artist that made you completely flip on them as soon as you heard them live?

Mobvok! How are you man? Which television shows have you been overanalysing of late?

The X Files. Up to Season 4 now, and I'm basking in the warm glow.

But that's not what I'm here to talk about today, ladies and gentlemen.

*pulls up chair*

I'm here to talk about music. Any kind, and every kind. Let's talk about classical music. I heard a piece by Dvorak, and it really made me wish I was more musically literate to describe compositions, because while it went off in an interesting direction, a lot of these classical composers seem to inevitably return back to a....chord progression? A chord progression that just reminds me of the background music of rich people having a cocktail party. There must be some raging deep cuts of Beethoven that the man keeps down because it puts you in the wrong mood to oppress the proletariat. I'm not spiritually opposed to the most well known old tyme pieces, but this is a genre I feel out of my depth listening to.

Chet Fukkah did the Friday 'Like a Version' today. He performed a stunning version of Van Morrison's seminal 1968 'Madam George'.

Nah, just kidding. He played 'luvah luvah luvah, you don't treat me no good no more.' Bleeeeh.

I really, really liked Someday World.

Yeah I thought I was in the minority on this one.

I thought Someday World was pretty decent, together they make a pretty intriguing collaboration. Daddy's Car has been played on a regular basis on JJ here, and Satellites is a strong opener.

Those two are my favorites as well. But High Life is a whole other story. Not really as "song" based as Someday World; more in common with LCD Soundsystem's more expansive tracks. Which should please you anyway.

The X Files. Up to Season 4 now, and I'm basking in the warm glow.

Things just got a whole lot sexier around here...

chris_carter.jpg

Season 4 just might be the best one. Although you could go with season 2 and 3 as well. That was the golden age of the show.

Too bad it all went to shit though. My first and most brutal pop-culture heartbreak.

I have started X-Files so many times. I never seem to get further than the second or third season. But I love the show so much.

Sent from my U2 Interference iPod using U2 Interference

Stop posting on whatever that is that leaves that bullshit tag on your posts, or else find the settings menu and turn it off.

I have started X-Files so many times. I never seem to get further than the second or third season. But I love the show so much.

I always say that it would be best to jump ship after season 6. It's really, really not worth it to witness the unbelievable clusterfuck it turns into in the last three seasons.

Back
Top Bottom