Random Music Talk XCIV:Great Distances and Ballistic Weaponry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the end of the last thread:
Sorry to hear that. Better now?
All is good, this was back in 2001, during the week U2 was here in Boston in fact.
I posted the story here many years ago. In fact U2 is in my medical history as I had surgery on Friday and went to the U2 show on Saturday (was bummed I had to miss the Friday show, even more bummed when I found out that was the 1 night of 4 they played 11 O'Clock Tick Tock). Had a long conversation with the surgcal nurse who was a big music fan on the day of my pre-op visit about the U2 shows and concerts we had each been to, she said she thought it would be possible to attend Saturday. When I went back for my first follow up 2 weeks later she asked if I made the show I told her I had. Couple months later at my first visit with my oncologist he says, "Oh I see you went and saw U2 the day after your surgery...", it was in my file.

So hewson is like the guy I met at the Springsteen show in CT a couple ears ago, who missed the Boston shows cos he had a heart attack, and checked out of the hospital AMA a couple days early cos he sure as hell wasn't missing the whole tour.

So hewson is like the guy I met at the Springsteen show in CT a couple ears ago, who missed the Boston shows cos he had a heart attack, and checked out of the hospital AMA a couple days early cos he sure as hell wasn't missing the whole tour.

Yeah I think when you posted about that guy I commented that he was more dedicated than me without delving into specifics. Not sure I'd have gone after a heart attack. Depends on how severe I guess.

Glad to hear you got good news, Dalton.

I had my own cancer scare back in 2007. I had an abnormal chest x-ray and had to go back for a chest CT. Turned out to be just calcified lymph nodes, probably from a bout of fungal pneumonia I contracted in the California Central Valley.

From the end of the last thread:

All is good, this was back in 2001, during the week U2 was here in Boston in fact.
I posted the story here many years ago. In fact U2 is in my medical history as I had surgery on Friday and went to the U2 show on Saturday (was bummed I had to miss the Friday show, even more bummed when I found out that was the 1 night of 4 they played 11 O'Clock Tick Tock). Had a long conversation with the surgcal nurse who was a big music fan on the day of my pre-op visit about the U2 shows and concerts we had each been to, she said she thought it would be possible to attend Saturday. When I went back for my first follow up 2 weeks later she asked if I made the show I told her I had. Couple months later at my first visit with my oncologist he says, "Oh I see you went and saw U2 the day after your surgery...", it was in my file.

That's great!

New article from Rolling Stone with quotes from the band reiterating that the album was delayed because of their work on "Ordinary Love."

And more of the same old stuff from Bono:

"The album won't be ready 'til it's ready. . . . There's a couple of songs that are part of the story we haven't quite finished," Bono said. "We know we have to spend a couple of years taking these songs around the world, so they'd better be good."

That will only happen if reporters and other people stop asking him about it.

Which I don't see happening any time soon.

drake-s-tweets-on-philip-seymour-hoffman.jpg

Oh, the irony. No, Drake, I would say that your narcissistic message came across quite accurately on Twitter.

"I'm disgusted they took away my cover and replaced it with a dead guy! ... All respect due, RIP, you know."

Back
Top Bottom