Random Music Talk XCIII: IN-VIII-SI-COCK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I the only one troubled by the mix/parts chosen for the Invisible spot? First it wastes several seconds, then it seems to strip some of the production and spend most of the ad on the outro, missed opportunity to highlight the strengths of the song. It looked absolutely astounding though, whoever did the projections needs to be hired for their next tour.

I saw Bruno live back in September. The guy and his band are incredibly entertaining and fun to watch. I was expecting slightly more from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but either way I can't wait to see them live in April - as a headlining act. :hyper:

I like the song, better than OL, can't say I love it but I dig the direction they are going.

I didn't watch a second of the Super Bowl but I see Seatle won so congrats Cori.

Also, someone fill me in on this Seinfeld talk, was it some sort of commercial?

The Bob Dylan ad was awful. It's one thing to license your music to a brand, it's another thing to appear and speak in one (especially a guy with his career earnings). I really really hated it.

I watched the game at a coffee shop here in the city while doing some writing, and the room showing the game filled up only for the halftime show. I've never known much about Bruno Mars, but I think he killed it. That was a lot of fun to watch.

My dog slept through the first half of the game, he finally woke up at one point during the half time show. He looked at the screen for 10 seconds, then turned and looked at me with a confused look on his face, turned back and looked at the screen, then once again turned around and looked at me quizzically before going back to sleep. It was as if he was shocked that I was listening to Bruno Mars, it was pretty great.

Time to blast Invisible a few more times.

I did this already.

First it wastes several seconds,

I actually had to rewind on my DVR, because I'd not recognized the first part and had walked away from the TV.

Did you like the 24 teaser, Powerhour?

The Bob Dylan ad was awful. It's one thing to license your music to a brand, it's another thing to appear and speak in one (especially a guy with his career earnings). I really really hated it.

Didn't it start with something like, "There's nothing more American than America"? My friend and I laughed out loud at that shit.

Plus, "I Want You" DID appear in another ad.

As dumb and unnecessarily cash-grabbing as that was it did make me wish Bob Dylan would just wander the streets of America and narrate real life.

Though Chrysler's continued ad campaign where they pretend to be an American company continues to confound me. 25 years ago they were bought out by Mercedes Benz, 3 years ago they were bought out by Fiat. For the past quarter century they've been German and Italian.

Did you like the 24 teaser, Powerhour?

Chloe's apparently a high school goth chick now? I have to say I wish they were just rebooting the show and blowing up the entire continuity, it got far too convoluted for this to be a continuation. I'm sure I'll tune in though.

Chloe's apparently a high school goth chick now?

Haha. Yeah, but when the camera panned over and she was there, I was pretty happy. I'm hoping that limiting the episodes and having the show happen in a different setting will bring some life back. I agree that the show became far too convoluted at the end, the last season was often painful to watch.

The latest news we have that's anywhere near "official" is Bono saying in an interview this past week where he said they were aiming or planning for June.

I just can't for the life of me let go of the hope that it'll come out sooner. But I can't back that shit up with anything.

Possibly later. In an interview with USA Today the other day Bono dropped the bomb that they "might experiment with more producers", basically the same old story.

Haha. Yeah, but when the camera panned over and she was there, I was pretty happy. I'm hoping that limiting the episodes and having the show happen in a different setting will bring some life back. I agree that the show became far too convoluted at the end, the last season was often painful to watch.

Didn't they say that the new season will not strictly follow the real time thing? I seem to recall reading it somewhere, but maybe I'm imagining it.

Chloe, even with the emo look, was the best part of the teaser in my opinion.

They're doing 12 out of the 24 hours, each episode is still real time but there will be jumps. I don't see how that's going to work for filling in details, are we going to get "Previously on 24" showing material that wasn't seen during the episodes?

Oh, maybe the recent silly arguments were people pouncing on a throwaway comment from Broken Bells' James Mercer hearing some U2 stuff and people taking it to mean there was more than one album being worked on.

Back
Top Bottom