Random Music Talk XCII: Shadow Recruit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the visuals in Oblivion and I mostly enjoyed the story. It was the journey that didn't work so well. Pieces that didn't make sense, acting that didn't really grab me. I think I gave it a 6/10 in the end, because I had a decent enough time watching it and the soundtrack is fantastic.

Count me in on the "updated the app and hate it" crowd. This thing looks terrible. What exactly was wrong with the old one again?

The way it shows the op when you bump a thread made me think that shouter returned when I saw the hold steady thread just now.

It sucked ass. No spoilers, images never worked, thing crashed on the regular if you had anyone on ignore. Most of the bugs with the new app were fixed with the downtime on Friday, so I'm happy. Hoping the timeline feature starts showing up in chronological order, soon, though. Though, now that the "participated" and "Unread" features work, I'm hardly using the timeline as much.

I never had a problem with spoilers or pictures, and the only way I ever crashed the old app was if I flipped between things too fast before anything ever got a chance to load (which was pretty rare anyway). This is like the weird large print version and this constant twitter picture camera icon shit is eating up half my screen.

Half of the features have improved (spoilers, gifs, jump to page button) half are worse than ever (pages not updating/refreshing, connection issues left and right, generally looks awful). Maybe it's just the server, but this app seems incredibly unstable. Why the hell is a thread with a post from 7 minutes ago listed above one with a post from 2 minutes ago?

Last edited:
I never had a problem with spoilers or pictures, and the only way I ever crashed the old app was if I flipped between things too fast before anything ever got a chance to load (which was pretty rare anyway). This is like the weird large print version and this constant twitter picture camera icon shit is eating up half my screen.

You on iPhone?

Hahah, yeah.

It seems like the old app worked better for iPhone users. IMO, the new app seems to favor the Android users now, lol.

Gymkata: the story of an American gymnast who goes to a fictional Soviet satellite in order to win an ancient and deadly game that is somehow connected with Reagan's star wars program. Watch it if you want to laugh at the expense of others.

Thank God, someone else to share in the joys of Gymkata with!

I can't remember exactly where I read this, but the comment "it's a little-known fact that the infrastructure of Cold War-era East Europe was built on gymnastic equipment" is a perfect encapsulation of all that is ridiculous and glorious about that film.

I asked this in the appropriate thread but noone helped...anyone else here try the Tapatalk version of this forum? Or is there even one?

I use Interference on Tapatalk on my iPad Air, but use the Interference app on my Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

It's a great app if you frequent more than one forum. For example, I use it for here, xda, and a Packers forum.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Oh, my bad on the above post, then. I thought Interference on the standalone Tapatalk app wasn't active. I take it, it's working now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom