Random Music Talk LXXXVII: Which one of you called my church?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only a few minutes out from my first Bat for Lashes show. This is my most anticipated concert in quite some time.

Only a few minutes out from my first Bat for Lashes show. This is my most anticipated concert in quite some time.

Have fun, loved her at Laneway earlier this year.

The thing with Nick is that he was actually correct all along about the whole remastered issue (later confirmed by Edge) and copped an enormous amount of flak and abuse for pointing it out. At the time he seemed pretty reasonable and as far as I can tell didn't receive a single apology from anyone for their despicable behaviour towards him.

Unfortunately, he has since taken on an extremely condescending attitude (he almost never agrees with someone and when he does its with a "you're not quite as dumb as the rest of them" qualifier) and posits himself as the traditional U2 fan's champion (where Interference only cares for the deep cuts and has no time for the actual beloved material such as One). He can't stop himself from pushing people's buttons but manages to be just vague / broad enough to claim the high moral ground if called out specifically on his bullshit.

There's something seriously wrong with EYKIW if they could dish out that much hate to someone in the first place, but short term it would be best to just cut out this Nick shaped cancer it's created for itself and move on. Dude has made it clear on multiple occasions how much this forum is below him anyway, he surely wouldn't mind.

I've never been a huge fan of any of her tattoos, but that's not my place. She can do whatever the fuck she wants.

Absolute legend.

I saw most of Bat For Lashes' show at Pukkelpop. Didn't get the "full" experience as I watched from outside the tent. Still enjoyed it and I'm not a huge fan. Laura is amazingly beautiful and Daniel is a showstopper. It's also the closest you can get to seeing A Forest live without seeing The Cure. Only complaint was she yelled "Thank you, Germany!" at the end. But she seems very nice so it's all good.

So, Bat for Lashes. I have had a massive crush on her for a long while, so I was pretty well enraptured with everything she did. She's got a great stage presence as well and had the audience eating out of her hand the whole show - I would say half of the damn room was crying during Laura. :lol:

The Weeknd's new album leaked :hyper:

I'm gonna wait for a while and give it a dark room + headphones listen with the new Chelsea Wolfe :hyper:

I finally got around to Vampire Weekend's new album and I liked it significantly more than either of the first two. Step is an excellent song.

Picked up a number ones compilation from Mr. Stevie Wonder. It's high time I got acquainted with this guy.

Yeah, it's obviously a failing on my part. I'm not nearly as well versed in Motown/R&B as I should be, especially seeing how much I like Marvin Gaye and Otis Redding.

There is a distinct lack of Motown love on this site, sadly. Or at least, there's not nearly enough chatter about it.....I guess I could talk it up more or something. Anyway, I love Motown to death and Stevie is.....well, you'll find out. Enjoy.

You know I'm on board with Motown discussion whenever. I've actually listened to a Four Tops album. That's dedication.

Not sure if this is "Motown". I already made a blunder here a few years ago when Motown came up (I thought it was a genre and was then told in quite clear terms that it is a label). But it's got that soul sound, and if we can put aside the genre/label technical discussion, this is a really cool tune that I discovered recently.

Eunice Collins - At The Hotel 1974 - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom