Random Music Talk LXXXVII: Which one of you called my church?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, maybe I'm just crazy, or uncivilized, or whatever, but I can't imagine eating chicken with a knife and fork. We're talking about fried chicken, right? Like KFC style? I just don't see how you eat a drumstick with knife and fork.

Looking through pictures of chicken and waffles to see if I could answer this question, I found this, which actually looks really good:

photo-2-af53d75153da4c26b41eadff60ccbe164e7d5938-s40-c85.jpg

They replaced syrup with honey mustard and I assume they took the sugar out of the waffles.

I'm in denial that this guy on Breaking Bad was also the dad on Malcolm in the Middle.

Do you throw bricks through the windows of their business to congratulate them?

I'd say there's another time, another place for that kind of behavior.

Now now, Boy(s). We don't want this thread getting Out Of Control.

Please kill me.

Only at Twilight so I can lurk in the Shadows and Tall Trees rather than run to hide by the Ocean.

(In the truth is stranger than fiction category, Levitate is on Ocean Street.)

Somewhere, Panther is trying to figure out why he just spontaneously jizzed his pants

Hey friends from LA, I need some recommendations for things to do at night. I'm staying at Lincoln and Kensington. Will I get raped if I go out on the streets after nightfall? Where is good to check out. I don't have a car, so walking distance would be a-okay

How can there be so much discrepancy between whether a restaurant is good or not? I bet they served spagbol, didn't they?

Too bad you're not a little closer to the beach. But it looks like Ocean Park Blvd is a close walk for you, and you can take Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus up and down that. I'd suggest taking it all the way West to Main St (which is a couple blocks from the ocean) and walking south. Lots of restaurants and bars.

If you were feeling more adventurous you could then take another bus south and explore Venice Beach.

Too bad you're not a little closer to the beach. But it looks like Ocean Park Blvd is a close walk for you, and you can take Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus up and down that. I'd suggest taking it all the way West to Main St (which is a couple blocks from the ocean) and walking south. Lots of restaurants and bars.

If you were feeling more adventurous you could then take another bus south and explore Venice Beach.

On the way back to where I'm staying, we drove through main street and I took note. Looked like a nice spot to wander. I think I can make the walk there without it taking too long.
We're actually working in Venice Beach shooting some fancy pants restaurant, so I got to see that area a little today. I'd like to see more of that kind of thing. We were on Abbot Kinney

Yeah Abbot Kinney is definitely a nice place to walk around. The actual boardwalk on the beach is a lot weirder. Many characters there, great people watching.

I wish I had more time during the day. The Boardwalk sounds like something I'd like to check out.

Thanks for the recos, even cobbo's thought it got shat on

i'm trying to like this new nine inch nails, but this is pretty much the opposite of enjoyable. the intro is worthless (i'm a fan of instrumental tracks on nin albums). "a copy of"...too dancey, and auto-tune, i don't care if it seems more like it's being used as an effect. it's existence generally makes me want to puke. "came back haunted" is just mediocre at best, and then descends into crap with the ending "hau-hau-haunted" thing. "find my way" i liked a hell of a lot more when it was called "somewhat damaged." that song was awesome. this one, not so much. it seems like it channels some of the synth stuff from pretty hate machine, but it's impressively in the background on a track that isn't even that densely layered. i'd like to not say something about how "all time low" has the most ironic of names-- funk riff? why? same goes for the title of "disappointed.". "everything" sort of makes me laugh. i actually do kind of like it. it's like...cheerily anthemic...or something. that repetition thing reminds me of the "swallow it all" part of that track off with teeth a little too much, though.

good for trent reznor. he's clearly exorcised all sorts of demons, and making much more upbeat, and not dark music. unfortunately for me, i'm still a miserable, gloomy person who doesn't necessarily want the fragile II or anything (because that would suck for a whole different set of reasons), but i'm not really feeling this stuff either.

And because I know no one was wondering, the new ducky boys is more of the same, mostly ok tracks (too much doug, though. nearly half the album? oddly enough, i'd probably really dig a doug sullivan solo album, if he did something under a name like mark does with the unloved, but calling it a ducky boys release seems kind of weird), but aside from a handful, it suffers from the same problem their last full-length did. Too many forgettable tracks and piss-poor track sequencing. Lyrically, I wonder sometimes whether mark lind is good, or just says stuff I like (as 212er put it regarding...I forgot who). I still enjoy what he has to say, at any rate. i am loving the title track. and as always, i get a kick out of seeing which parts of what old demos that have been kicking around over the years have made their way onto this album.

Back
Top Bottom