Random Music Talk LXXXVI: SCUBA Is Reporting for Duty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...nevermind, wtf is going on? This is them, gently telling C3 to STOP inviting them back to headline Lollapalooza. And I'm dying laughing.

What part are you referring to? I watched the whole set on youtube and thought it was pretty good all in all.

Them playing my kind of town in full, with a snippet of Light My Fire.

Also not playing Jenny.

The Killers have become Lolla's fallback band, and it's getting ridiculous.

Gotcha. I'm surprised they left off Jenny. They play it at nearly every show...and its usually a fan favorite.

A Killers set without Jenny is a far lesser Killers set.

Much like a Cure set without A Forest, but that's what happens when festivals are set in towns with a strict curfew. Better to see them that way than not at all, certainly.

GAF got pretty close at Lolla:

91ae399c.jpg

Chick on the left is hot.

If it's fake plastic trees that you guys are talking about, I can't see because I'm on mobile, then had you seen that song I would have killed you cobbler.

Me and El Mel caught that at the epic Hurricane Bristow show. AND we got Planet Telex.

Me and El Mel caught that at the epic Hurricane Bristow show. AND we got Planet Telex.

It was intense. I know one girl passed out in the pit during Planet Telex, which is pretty common to see at hotter gigs, but that night was the very opposite. It was nasty cold and windy, the kind of night where you wouldn't even consider going outside. Radiohead rewarded the fans.

Acoustic Like Spinning Plates might actually be my favorite memory from that show. Plus, those were the good old days when they were still playing Just. That one got a massive reaction.

I fast forwarded and actually lol'd at the dancing banjos scene I landed on.

I pronounced it with like gi-f until I took a web design class last semester and the professor kept pronouncing it "Jif" and now I find myself accidentally calling it that more often than not :(

Beck was outstanding last night. I had no idea he was this good live. Very energetic, and just plain fun. Good mix of oldies and newer stuff, including my three favorite songs off Modern Guilt (Gamma Rays, Chemtrails and the title track). The setlist, though a tad short, was fantastic:

Devil's Haircut
Soul of a Man
Black Tambourine
One Foot in the Grave
Think I'm in Love
Modern Guilt
Loser
Gamma Ray
Qué Onda Güero
Everybody's Got to Learn Sometime (The Korgis cover)
Girl
Chemtrails
The Golden Age
Lost Cause
Hot Wax
Just Noise
Sissyneck / Billie Jean (Michael Jackson cover)

E-Pro
Where it's at (Extended Remix)

The only absence that I really missed was Nicotine & Gravy. It was great to get Lost Cause, which he hadn't been playing in every show.

Good setlist, gump. You win.

I'd buy tickets to his festival set on 9/14 but I have Riot Fest tickets already.

If I saw Beck, and he didn't play Golden Age, I'd probably start crying.

Nothing makes you feel less secure than looking at job postings where you actually fill the responsibilities that are listed, but the title sounds so fancy and intimidating that you assume whom ever reviews your resume will just toss it in the trash as they laugh. Oh wellz, at least I'm finding things I can apply for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom