Random Music Talk LXXXVI: SCUBA Is Reporting for Duty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That haircut Bono is sporting is extremely popular... But my god it looks horrible on the man.

I still don't think we'll get an album this year.

I had to listen to the legit version of Dirty Day to get that out of my head.

Ten years since The O.C. started, you guys. The only teen soap I ever watched.

Launched the career of Evermore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDNbPCq3zWE

Who released an awesome debut, but sadly shit the bed thereafter, going down the concept album path.

U2's Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own was also used in an episode. It's like the only time since I became a fan in late 2004 that my friends haven't hated on U2.

There was one song I thought was ok the first time I heard it, but by the time it was over, I hated it. Just like odd future, sandwitches was good on jimmy Fallon, but otherwise everything Tyler the creator-involved should be joining Mumford in the volcano.

The nice thing is that this sort of thing gets them temporary attention. In six months, no one will care anymore. In a year, it will be death grips who?

Death Grips seem like my sort of thing, but MC Ride is terrible. I can't understand a damn thing he says, and with hip hop that's pretty important. The beats are interesting but I don't know, Money Store didn't change my life. I liked the more organic beats on Exmilitary.

Their performance art bullshit is exactly that. It's been done before and in more creative ways.

Anybody have one of those U2girl's PMs that are being mentioned in the new album thread? My morbid curiosity is getting the best of me.

If anyone's fucking stupid enough to be a Death Grips fan they deserve to have their money wasted.

It's got a sort of woody quality about it.
Much better than newspaper or litter bin

I love words with three consonants in a row, especially when all the consonants are pronounced. One of my profs in college would say "excerpts" all the time in an (unintentionally) amusing way.

Also from Latin

:sexywink:

:drool:

I'm not sure the Monty Python reference was caught.

I love words with three consonants in a row, especially when all the consonants are pronounced.

You'd like Slavic languages then.

You know you're a music nerd when you hear a buzzing sound at a bar and you get out your iPhone and look up Welcome to the Machine on youtube to show people how similar the buzzing sound is to the one at the start of Welcome to the Machine and no one else is even remotely as excited as you are.

I love words with three consonants in a row, especially when all the consonants are pronounced.

This is why I like "excerpts".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom