Random Music talk LXXXV: SHARKNADO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't listened to them in forever it feels like. When I was listening to random stuff on last.fm a few weeks back, Royksopp forever came on and I was just all kinds of :drool:. Junior was definitely a favorite.

Senior on the other hand...

I was turned on to Royksopp after you used "Royksopp Forever" on one of your DI lists(don't remember if it was the last one or the one before), so thanks for that.

I agree that Junior is better than Senior, but I still liked Senior.

I ws so hoping Sharknado would make it into the new thread's title.

Also, Kind of Blue is not the album to listen to whilst one drives up the west side of Idaho on a warm Sunday morning. Didn't really work. Now, In Rainbows, on the other hand, was an excellent choice. Especially when House of Cards was on right during a good twisty bit of the road. Radiohead has several good songs for twisty roads.

I ws so hoping Sharknado would make it into the new thread's title.

Also, Kind of Blue is not the album to listen to whilst one drives up the west side of Idaho on a warm Sunday morning. Didn't really work. Now, In Rainbows, on the other hand, was an excellent choice. Especially when House of Cards was on right during a good twisty bit of the road. Radiohead has several good songs for twisty roads.

:up: In Rainbows is a great driving album. Particularly at night.

I recall Pyramid Song/House of Cards sending me into some sort of blissed-out trance live.

Martha, where in Idaho were you?

I have been to 0 concerts so far this year. That number will change to 2 this week.

During an exchange with Professor Yuppie, this was typed:

And that's what I love about 'Magnificent' -- the mood it creates. It's ecstatic, but it's a moody kind of ecstasy. It's almost like a memory, like a reflection being brought to life in the present moment....soon to be an afterthought, yet captured and preserved by something eternal....which makes it ethereal somehow. That's what that solo does for me.

I have no comment, really, just sharing.

Well that quote is not from the Professor, it was typed to him during a discussion regarding the merits of Magnificock (this is the one and only song whose immature cockification cannot, ever, be shaken by me). If you already realize this, forgive me, just seemed from your post like maybe you didn't.

Well that quote is not from the Professor, it was typed to him during a discussion regarding the merits of Magnificock (this is the one and only song whose immature cockification cannot, ever, be shaken by me). If you already realize this, forgive me, just seemed from your post like maybe you didn't.

No, I actually thought you were quoting him. He really does have a gift for describing music in prose.

Sharknado outstayed its welcome 2 hours after the first gifs arrive. Now we have to look at this for weeks. THANKS NSW :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom