Random Music talk LXXXV: SHARKNADO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with GAF, it's probably 90% of fans' introduction to Sujfan Stivins (mine included).

I once listened to Illinois while taking a walk in Chicago, wasting time before a certain concert that involved a Cock and a Shuttle was to begin.

I like the occasional Sufjan song, but I've never really gotten into him. I've listened to four or five of his albums, so it's certainly not for a lack of trying.

I am so nervously excited for this PJ show on Friday. Shit. It's been way too long since I've seen them. I'm gonna freak out.

That's cool, I didn't know you had one coming up. I don't keep up to date on the Pearl Jam thread. Anyone cool opening?

Bob Dylan's The Bootleg Series Vol. 10 Another Self Portrait (1969 - 1971) | The Official Bob Dylan Site

So excited for this, certainly moreso than for some acoustic bullshit from the early 60s. This period never gets enough attention, and New Morning is one of my favorites. The original Self-Portrait is a mess, but considering how apathetic Dylan was about what he was putting out, there are some real gems.

I hope volume 11 is a comprehensive official release of the Blood on the Tracks sessions. I'd eat that up.

Most accessible? Probably. Best by a mile? no. Not even second place

Illinois is great but far too long. I tend to zone out after Predatory Wasp. Move The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders up to track 16 and cut everything after it and you've improved the album immediately.

I'm a huge proponent of Age of Adz; Soof is putting his melodies through a shredder and reconstructing them into something tender and crushing.

Seriously, "Now That I'm Older" wrecks it on late night car rides.

I've heard Age of Adz about half a dozen times, still leaves me cold. I was excited for it after hearing the descriptions, but the songwriting doesn't hold up, even on the more traditional Soofy folk numbers. The individual songs don't stand out to me so much as the overall impression of the album. Impossible Soul is way cool, though I could probably cut 10 minutes out of it. I have no idea what he's going to do next, but I know that everything seems possible for him now and I'll listen to it a bunch.

Seriously, "Now That I'm Older" wrecks it on late night car rides.

Sounds dangerous.

Almost as much as listening to the sleep-inducing "Smooth Operator".

Speaking of which, I wonder if any laxative companies ever contacted Sade about using her song in a commercial.

Back
Top Bottom