Random Music Talk LXXXIX: This, That, and The Other Place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The buildin' were shakin' like a sumbitch, and I hollered "MA! GRAB THE DOG AND THE BIBLE! RAPTURE'S HERE!"

I remembered that you and Cori made mention but it seemed not to make an impact anywhere else. I think I like this more than the debut as well.

I haven't even bumped that shit yet. Probably still upset about Maddie Follin looking so frumpy in person.

Will that Mandela song be available digitally as well as the vinyl, so it can ruin my life in two mediums?

Will that Mandela song be available digitally as well as the vinyl, so it can ruin my life in two mediums?

It will be on the soundtrack CD. As soon as I find a high quality rip online I will PM you.

3950771357_9837848b4d.jpg

You've heard Grizzly Bears cover of that too, right? I'm listening to Seventeen Seconds at work, guyz. Right now. Call me a liar, you would anyway.

Yeah I have, it's good too. I think it's one of those cases where the original song is so good it's hard to fuck it up too much if you've got talent.

For some reason I just thought about The Fray's cover of Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World, which I really liked. Funny that it took a U2 song for that horribly boring band to make a decent song.

Through a series of unrelated searches (it started with reading an interview with Donald Glover) that I won't bore you detailing, I am now decently certain that I went to Penn State with Victoria Legrand's sister and I am having trouble reconciling that fact.

Still really don't think Victoria's all that in the looks department.

James Blake beat out a strong field for the Mercury Prize.

Arctic Monkeys: AM
David Bowie: The Next Day
Disclosure: Settle
Foals: Holy Fire
Jake Bugg: Jake Bugg
Jon Hopkins: Immunity
Laura Marling: Once I Was an Eagle
Laura Mvula: Sing to the Moon
Rudimental: Home
Savages: Silence Yourself
Villagers: Awayland

I'd have given it to Disclosure myself.

I'd say he deserved it from that batch. Overgrown is still one of my favorites of the year. I'm seeing him in just a few weeks - I had actually forgotten about it until I saw this post.

I passed up the chance to see him a few months back. Tickets were $60. Apparently it was terrific.

Immunity is really good, for those who haven't heard it.

Are you fucking kidding? Bowie was the obvious choice.

Personally, Jon Hopkins made my favorite album of that batch, with Bowie and Laura Marling right behind it.

Back
Top Bottom