Random Music Talk LXXX: Sordid Details of the GAF-Mark Buehrle Affair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I understood a single post on those last few pages.

Can't you guys talk about cool sports like cycling? Cancellara was awesome today, wasn't he?

"I don't get it" - COBL

"I think it's a baseball reference but I'm too bored to care and too lazy to check" - IWB

"You guys and your sports talk" - Martha

"I saw a bloke play baseball once" - IYUP

"General whining about the thread" - Niels

"Baseball is stupid" - COBL

Strasburg gave up 3 runs in the first, so he sucks. Yanks already scored a run off of Verlander, which is a pleasant shock.

MUSIC NEWS - I do not think I have ever heard a second of Kanye West's music, and if I have, I'm unaware.

Nix goes deep and now the Yanks lead 3-0.

MORE MUSIC NEWS - I still love that Tamaryn album I was obsessing over a few months ago.

MORE MUSIC NEWS - I might now like Kid A better than Ok Computer.

MUSIC NEWS - I do not think I have ever heard a second of Kanye West's music, and if I have, I'm unaware.

If you listen to one song, listen to 2003's "THROUGH THE WIRE."

It was his debut single. The first thing he put out into the world with his voice on it, and he recorded the track shortly after being involved in a nasty car accident, and his jaw was wired shut in the recording studio.

It's pure, fun, exuberant hip-hop. I love the song very much.

I think I'd actually like to go ahead and give an album a try, but do not want to start at the beginning, per se, just want to listen to his "best" album and if I don't like that, all done...but if I do, then maybe I'd check another album of his out.....which album, GAF?

Work from the start. That's always the way to go, at least for me. Listen to The College Dropout.

It's fucking awesome. I know you're a fan of hip-hop in the vein of Tribe Called Quest and that. This shit has those influences, and it has a lot of natural energy, and it's funny, and really good.

The opening track on the album might change your life.

A few things carrying over from the last thread.

1. The Indians are my baseball team. They had two straight Cy Young winners a few years back: Sabathia and Lee. Then they jettisoned both them, and the two ended up as the opposing game 1 starters in the Yanks-Phils World Series. That was tough to watch.

2. I'm debating between Mad Men and Breaking Bad as my next TV project. Which would you all recommend?

Wanna play the Banner Ad game? For instance, right now, there's an ad for Edwin Encarnacion Bobblehead day at the Jays game. I wonder what it will change to if I say I have trouble maintaining an erection...

2. I'm debating between Mad Men and Breaking Bad as my next TV project. Which would you all recommend?

They're the two best shows on TV, I adore both, but Mad Men actually shits on Breaking Bad.

Go with Mad Men. Please. It's so beautiful.

1364958214_1008116673.gif

I think I'd actually like to go ahead and give an album a try, but do not want to start at the beginning, per se, just want to listen to his "best" album and if I don't like that, all done...but if I do, then maybe I'd check another album of his out.....which album, GAF?

Late Registration. Don't listen to the other suggestions.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy may be "better", but I think you'll really enjoy the range of pop styles on LR, as well as Jon Brion's string orchestration.

Seriously.

Work from the start. That's always the way to go, at least for me. Listen to The College Dropout.

It's fucking awesome. I know you're a fan of hip-hop in the vein of Tribe Called Quest and that. This shit has those influences, and it has a lot of natural energy, and it's funny, and really good.

The opening track on the album might change your life.

I'll start there, and the fact that you recall these things re: people's music interest and such is impressive.

A few things carrying over from the last thread.

1. The Indians are my baseball team. They had two straight Cy Young winners a few years back: Sabathia and Lee. Then they jettisoned both them, and the two ended up as the opposing game 1 starters in the Yanks-Phils World Series. That was tough to watch.

Cleveland is the sorriest sports town on Earth.

You cannot go wrong with either, but Mad Men would be my call.

Wanna play the Banner Ad game? For instance, right now, there's an ad for Edwin Encarnacion Bobblehead day at the Jays game. I wonder what it will change to if I say I have trouble maintaining an erection...

I see a banner ad for a country music radio station.

Kanye West is an excellent music artist, so it is worthwhile to hear his entire discography. NSW, being the lover of Motown that he is, will probably treasure his early soul influenced work anyway. So it all works out.

I guess the Nats waited too long to shut down Strasburg.

Ace, the Blue Jays mascot (formerly BJ Birdy in more innocent times), just ran full tilt into the outfield wall by accident. He was aiming for the gate, but was hamming it up to the crowd and wasn't watching where he was going. Best part of the game so far

Baseball indeed bores the absolute shit out of me, but NSW mentioned NASCAR, and Marcus Ambrose, an Australian, races in that. Do you like him, NSW?

I also think NASCAR is extremely boring, and that's coming from a massive motor racing fan. My friend once described NASCAR as "a bunch of rednecks chasing each other around a slightly inclined oval" and I laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom