Random Music Talk LXXX: Sordid Details of the GAF-Mark Buehrle Affair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not. Where is that?

There's a local guy playing blues at BB's and he is flat killing it.

I've moved up from beer to bourbon. It's Tennessee after all.

Wish I could tell you. Ask the bartender.

And pace yourself.

I figure the crowd is usually in here fairly often enough for this to be the place. I haven't had as big a presence here as I used to by a lot, but I feel like some of you might care enough for the occasional personal update.

I got engaged today to my lovey lady with whom I've been with for three years now.

8642594027_be2c34d232_b.jpg

Also, we're moving to Chicago in three weeks.

Anyone watching Coachella? Blur, Grinderman and Purity Ring coming up and Yeah Yeah Yeah's are currently performing.

Also, bars in the south seem to have a shitty beer selection.

Especially if you stay around places like Broadway. Other than the Flying Saucer a half-mile west of the touristy stuff, you're generally gonna get the standard mass-brewed offerings. But I've had some decent stuff from local breweries Jackalope and Calfkiller.

Anyone watching Coachella? Blur, Grinderman and Purity Ring coming up and Yeah Yeah Yeah's are currently performing.

Yes! The Blur set was a thrill. Watched the whole thing and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of early Leisure -> Parklife material. This Is A Low was my high point. :rimshot:

I totally thought This Is A Low would be the last song cuz I think they used to close with it.

The Universal was amazing.

Would like to have heard more from the self-titled.

Damon's voice still sounds great.

Also, congrats Lance. Funny that we get a pic of the lady friend but IIRC we've never had one of you.

What's happening in Chicago? Thought you were gonna be heading out west for film biz stuff.

I totally thought This Is A Low would be the last song cuz I think they used to close with it.

The Universal was amazing.

Would like to have heard more from the self-titled.

Damon's voice still sounds great.

They closed with the Universal when I saw them in '09, in a crowd of drunken Londoners 50,000 strong. One of the better moments I've had listening to music. There were a shitload of great singalongs that night, Tender might have been the best. It was as good as hearing a crowd of U2 fans belt out 40.

Congratulations Lance. Amazing amazing news :)

I don't get it :reject:

:tsk:
First you're citing lyrics from the wrong Arrested Development song and then when someone is citing correct ones you don't get it? People don't appreciate rap anymore these days...

:p

Also, congrats Lance. Funny that we get a pic of the lady friend but IIRC we've never had one of you.

But it is a Home Improvement Wilson-esque pic with the hand/rock obscuring most of her face. From now on will every pic of Lance's bride be this way? Hi-ho neighbor.

:tsk:
First you're citing lyrics from the wrong Arrested Development song and then when someone is citing correct ones you don't get it? People don't appreciate rap anymore these days...

:p

Oh I know. Mr Wendal is the only AD song I know any of the lyrics to though, hence not getting HG's post.

Thanks a lot everyone. It's a big time right now with a lot going on .

What's happening in Chicago? Thought you were gonna be heading out west for film biz stuff.

California is likely still a long term goal, but Chicago feels right for the time being for a number of reasons. For one, we know some people there already and some people who are also going to be moving there, one close friend of mine in particular. Plus by all accounts I've heard there's an interesting up and coming film/new-media industry there, along with a lot of independent people working on things and coming out of the films schools and what-not so it's probably a nice place for me to get some experience with a lot of different kinds of work in that area. Not to mention it just seems like a really awesome city and no one's ever told me anything less than that they've loved it there.

to remove all obfuscation on both parties (i.e. because i better with a pretty girl on my arm anyway)

315834_2520816577403_1369779870_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom