Random Music Talk LXXVIII: Crashing Miley's Toluca Lake Pad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lolz. They actually gave me a $1 off the album since it was my first purchase. Pretty cool. It was an import, and was only $11, with free shipping. Can't complain so far.

A Ghost is Born gets like 30 times better if you skip the last 12 minutes of Less Than You Think and treat the Late Greats like a hidden track.

It's a perfect day for this album: snowy, grey and dreary.

Alice Cooper is playing a half hour from my house and tickets are $30. Fuck yeah I'm going.

^His restaurant here in Phoenix is fantastic. Lots of great vegetarian options and fries that are to die for. :drool:

Alice is a good take.

Seen him a couple of times, last time a couple years ago on the Halloween Hootenanny Tour with Rob Zombie, good fun.

I don't know what his sets are like, but I love those early Alice Cooper Band albums dearly. Love It To Death, Killer, Billion Dollar Babies, they're all top notch. If I even get half a dozen from those, I'll be happy. Plus, there's the theatricality of the show. He's quite a performer.

He's touring with Marilyn Manson right now but, thankfully, our show is solo Alice.

You'll get mostly what you want plus plenty of theatrics. (Also expect to hear the out of place 80's hair band type song "Poison")

It'll be well worth $30.00 (or $47.85 if you buy thru Ticketmaster :wink:)

For people my age, it would likely be the main song they'd be going to the show to hear.

I'm doing this shit. Ready?

20130227_193910_zpsd1370106.jpg

Oh well... That's delicious.... Oh dear.

Incidentally... My dinner is making me look like such a douche... Plus I have my monster head phones on.

It's from the salad bar at school.

I put something that looked like clovers on my food. I had assumed they were sprouts at first.

Poison is an awesome song.

I like that song, too. I'd imagine Alice would be incredibly entertaining live-hope you have a good time, LM.

Also, regarding Charli XCX, that was one of the opening acts at the Coldplay concert I saw last year. I liked what I heard, so add me to the curiosity list. I'll have to give that album a listen when it comes out.

Is there no plain soy milk?

I gave up "unhealthy" food for lent, and I'm kind of dubious of how healthy something this sweet can possibly be... :uhoh:

For people my age, it would likely be the main song they'd be going to the show to hear.

It got good response to be sure (not surpisingly, School's Out got the best response from all ages), and I like the song, but placement was odd:

School's Out (Partial)
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Wicked Young Man
Ballad of Dwight Fry
Go to Hell
Cold Ethyl
Poison
From the Inside
Nurse Rozetta
Be My Lover
Only Women Bleed
I Never Cry
Black Widow Jam
Vengeance Is Mine
Dirty Diamonds
Billion Dollar Babies
Killer Play Video
I Love the Dead
Feed My Frankenstein
Under My Wheels
Encore:
I'm Eighteen
School's Out

Thats the list from that show. Lately he's been using as a main set closer which I think works better thats why I described it as out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom