Random Music Talk LXXV: Party at Pappy's Snatch Palace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
opNnoOx.gif

The new Toro y Moi album is well done but far too long and samey. With the right DJ, a remix of any of these songs could be a massive hit for him.

I couldn't disagree more, he tries like 5 different sounds at least on that album. Made it an enjoyable ride for me.

Of course, I like "Cake" so what do I know?

Man, the dude from Foxygen is channeling the FUCK out of Lou Reed on this second track.

And the harmonies on the opening track were really nice.

Liking this a lot so far.

Three more sleeps until I leave for Rainbow Serpent Festival. The music, mostly dance, ranging from chill/ambient to balls-to-tha-wall hardstylz, starts at 9am Friday morning and literally doesn't stop until Monday 4:30pm. I'm a little nervous. I've never partied this hard before. I will know only one person going in, though we are staying with 60 others and I don't have problems meeting new people. Apparently it's pretty hippie. I don't really know what to expect. There will be drugs floating around (my ice mates aren't coming though). I have heard a story about a bloke who tried to smuggle in 120 tabs of acid a few years ago; he hid it under his t-shirt on his stomach, but when his car was getting searched he started sweating and now he is in a home and thinks he's an orange. Could be bullshit, I don't know. But someone did die last year after taking acid. But I've heard a lot of amazing stories as well about how it's a small-scale version of Burning Man, which is on my bucket list. I'm excited, but also anxious.

Man, the dude from Foxygen is channeling the FUCK out of Lou Reed on this second track.

And the harmonies on the opening track were really nice.

Liking this a lot so far.

I'm glad we already have a psych rock album as good as that one this early into 2013. Their debut is pretty good too. I think I like this band.

I can't decide which Donovan song is most awesome. I'm really feeling Hurdy Gurdy Man today, but Season of the Witch and Wear Your Love Like Heaven are out there too. And Sunshine Superman. I love that old hippie.

On the news this morning, I saw Alicia Keys perform her song, "This Girl Is On Fire", at the president's inauguration. She switched the words to "Obama's On Fire". I've been laughing about it all morning, so stupid.

Sweet sassy molassey, that lineup. If I wasn't banking on Bonnaroo the following week, I'd be all over that.

There is currently a wind chill of -8 degrees in State College. My outdoor jogging class starts in 90 minutes. Wish me luck!

(Cobbler and other non-Real Worlders: that's -22.)

We have the faucets running, but I assume it's too late.

I'm not sure what to do, it's not going to go back above freezing until Sunday.

I'm glad we already have a psych rock album as good as that one this early into 2013. Their debut is pretty good too. I think I like this band.

What makes it psych rock? I guess I'm not too clear on that genre's definition. Just sounds to me like a couple of kids who love '60s music, and are trying to recreate it in their own way, and are really skilled at it. If that's psych rock, sign me the fuck up.

Shit's great. Easily my favorite new music released this year so far.

Days like this, I'm sure glad I do not live in the midwest anymore. I remember once or twice our college campus shutting down because of dangerous wind chills. (So of course everyone went out and partied.)

She switched the words to "Obama's On Fire".

Is it wrong that I kind of hope the Secret Service is now investigating her for threatening the president via song?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom