Random Music Talk LXXIX: A Tradition Like Many Others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd listen to an album by our JT before I listened to one by that JT.

The 20/20 Experience should have its own thread. Especially as there's a part 2 coming later this year.

Anyway, great stuff. Am I the only one who sees a similarity to Marvin Gaye's Here, My Dear? That was about divorce and JT's album seem inspired by his recent nuptuals, but both have very long songs compared to standard R&B format, and they also both have songs about space.

A stretch?

I don't know that Marvin Gaye record well enough to comment, but right now any musical comparison between JT and MG works for me.

Did there ever end up being a shortened/listenable/non-pretentious/non-self indulgent/only-the-good-first-bit remix of soofaloof's Impossible Soul?

Wow, people are still using Kazaa despite years and years of warning? Not surprised this happened. Might as well have shoplifted a couple of albums.

That's sorta like saying Bruce Springsteen sounds like Bon Jovi. But it's okay, I would never in a million years expect either of you to like JT. :hug:

Wow, people are still using Kazaa despite years and years of warning? Not surprised this happened. Might as well have shoplifted a couple of albums.

The alleged infringement took place in 2005. Says something about our legal system that it's still in litigation.

I don't think the RIAA has filed a new infringement case against an individual in a few years, because like in this case they spend more than they will ever collect and it doesn't appear to discourage downloading.

That's sorta like saying Bruce Springsteen sounds like Bon Jovi.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15518-1355769150-1.gif

:lol: Well, it's true. If you don't like a whole genre of music, it will all sound the same. I like classical music okay, but I don't really have an ear for which recordings are best. My parents were classical music freaks but anything that had electric guitars all sounded the same to them.

Greg Kot said on his Twitter that there are still a few headliners left that he didn't leak, so Cure hope lives on.

I'm going to save my Lolla ranting for the Lolla thread at this point, but consider me unimpressed.

In other news, my headphone cable is all jacked up (pun not intended). I can't decide if I should just replace it, or risk the change that Skullcandy will honor the lifetime warranty and replace it themselves. I say this because, I could just plug an input cable into it for like $10, but I have to pay to ship them my headphones for them to determine if there's a problem, and then if there isn't one they'll fix, I'm going to have to buy the new input cable anyways and I'm out the money I spent to send them the headphones in the first place.

This thread is quiet since the Justin Timberlake thread opened. What the fuck has happened to you guys? You used to be cool

Big ups to Tame Impala for dropping "Elephant" in a Blackberry ad. McLaz, you got anything to say to this prick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom